Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Tonight, Montreal Chicken by Grill Mates.

Boneless chicken breasts dredged in 50% flour, 50% Montreal Chicken, and fried in olive oil, with some Left over Rice a Roni as a side, makes for a quick and easy, tasty meal.

1659059078566.png

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
How's the breading to chicken ratio? My mom likes a product from Costco, but I find one has to consume a lot of breading goop to get just a little chicken.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
How's the breading to chicken ratio? My mom likes a product from Costco, but I find one has to consume a lot of breading goop to get just a little chicken.
funny that you should ask, because I was considering that while I was eating it/them. I think that one should use some baking soda, or corn starch to make the breading fluffy. The pieces were fluffy, but inconsistent. Some were almost all breading, and others were pieces of breaded chicken.

Your point though is well taken, the picture of the plate I presented above was, what was left over from the previous night. One $13 dish was enough for two plates. All that breading was very filling.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Perhaps panko bread crumbs are the secret.
Yeah, but nope.
If I use breading:
Half the time I use panko, the other half I use seasoned breadcrumbs.

I typically dredge in seasoned flour, then egg wash, then panko or seasoned breadcrumbs. I think the magic to get that thick breading that has small bubbles in it is to use baking soda. I've never done it so I do not know.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
The fixins for Poppy's blue cheese burger:

Aged Danish blue cheese
some iceberg lettuce
a couple of slices of Jersey Tomato
some thin sliced red onion, pickled in Red Wine Vinegar, and Grenadine.

1659571808860.png

The 1/3rd lb burger was fried with some sweet Vandalia onion.
And accompanied with cucumber and red onion salad, with sour cream and dill.

Around here this would be a fifteen dollar burger.

1659571850256.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
48284B31-E911-464E-A3DD-33A6BB12BD54.jpeg

Something from a box that takes as long to stir as to boil the shell noodles. It's called "suddenly pasta salad". The flavor is "bacon and ranch".

We mix in canned tuna, chunk imitation crab meat chunks, freshly shredded new york cheddar and mayo.

Takes like 10 minutes to boil the noodles, a few minutes to mix the ingredients while the noodles boil, then mix the combo for a few minutes. Let sit overnight or eat while still warm. We cook it the night before.

Sometimes I mix peas in mine. Sometimes I'll chop up some lettuce and mix it in a bowl of this stuff. Sometimes I add shredded baby carrots.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im addicted to Parmesan cheese i eat pasta like 20 meals a week due to the high food cost and even them i look for deals on spaghetti noodles and sauce. i love mids but its so expensive tonight kraft parmasan cheese was on sale .man o man ill never get another brand kraft rocks

raggie33

*the raggedier*
any of you fine folks had wagoo steak? omg it looks so yummy like as if it was made in a lab marblings is amazeing i wish i could eat it thru my tv omg i love a good steak rib eye is my fav just cooked with salt still cold in middle with a huge baked potato and real butter

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Chance, that looks colorful, and tasty.

Grilled vadalia onion, lettuce, tomato, and blue cheese, to top off a 1/3rd lb grilled burger, coated with some sweet baby rays BBQ sauce.

1659777346118.png

Set up with a side of cucumber salad, and tater tots.

1659777412875.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
The other day I had lunch at an I talian joint that served the steak n cheese sub with blue cheese.
Not bad.
They had a steak n cheese hoagie and a philly steak n cheese too but I opted for steak n cheese sub to try the blue cheese.

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
The other day I had lunch at an I talian joint that served the steak n cheese sub with blue cheese.
Not bad.
They had a steak n cheese hoagie and a philly steak n cheese too but I opted for steak n cheese sub to try the blue cheese.

You know the thing. 😄 Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Not bad.
The next time you are a real Italian deli and getting a sandwich, try an Italian, with pickled eggplant, and fresh mozz. Most places don't have pickled eggplant, but if you see it there, you know that you are in a real Italian deli.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
The place was run by folks from south of the border. It's kinda strange to be in an I talian joint and everybody is speaking Spanish.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Eh, it was ok. I liked the 'spike' the bleu cheese provided.
I take my "team" out to lunch once a month and we tried this place for a change. A government complex is nearby and we kept seeing the parking lot loaded with government vehicles so we figured it must be good.
It turns out government employees get a special discount.