Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
And for a little smoky flavor:

SmokeHouse Maple :)
I like Nutmeg, but it didn't go as well with smoke as I thought it would

1660432816284.png

1660432954401.png

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I’m trying to stay away from grains, well at least somewhat. No bagels for me.
Breakfast of champions.

Sliced pepperoni and Swiss.

1660480094742.png

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Hmmm, chicken thighs are great on the grill.
A brushing with olive oil, a little salt and pepper, and grilled on one side.
Then flipped, and given a brushing with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Then flipped one more time for a brushing on the other side. When the sauce is caramelized, and the chicken is cooked to 165F that bad boy is done :)

I don't know what you do with chard. I guess stir fried with a little coriander, cilantro, and spritzed with lemon or lime juice? Maybe some toasted sesame seeds?

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
After so many years, I've finally discovered how much more I prefer chicken thighs over chicken breasts.
Oh yeah,
I once saw an episode of grilling with Bobby Flay, and he taught how to make skinless boneless thighs on the grill. Also how to make a BBQ sauce. There must have been 8 ingredients in it. Yes, it was tasty, but too much work for this guy, to ever repeat. Sweet Baby Ray's comes right out of the bottle!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
BC1BB00F-545F-421C-A18F-9EE2075E5E3B.jpeg

Turns out the 4 thighs weren't thawing fast enough. Normally I'd soak them in water to thaw faster but...why not add some flavoring too?
The flavor will come from liquid bullion. Think KFC type gravy concentrate only not KFC flavor but grandma's. Stood vertical to ensure the meat is submerged top to bottom.
Still not sure how I'll cook it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
So after some consideration I baked the chicken in its juices with some garlic salt sprinkled on top and had mashed potato's on the side. I kept eating a chard leaf about every 45 minutes all afternoon so by supper time I'd had my fill of rabbit food.

The chicken baked in a glass pan at 400 for 45 minutes in the broth in the the ziplock bags turned out pretty tastey. I was using up stuff in the cabinet(s), hence the garlic and herb mashed potatos. The garlic salt was something Mrs Fixer likes. I used about a teaspoon divided between the 4 thighs.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Byk, the chicken sounds good. Sometimes I like to shake'n bake in a large pan, olive oil, fry the thighs brown.. Then veg or chicken broth and add raw veggies, snap peas, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, whatever's in fridge. Like a chicken fricassee. It's a complete meal. I guess you can add Chard, but personally I find it bitter
Are you eating a raw chard leaf every 45 mins to lower cholesterol numbers?
That stuff going down raw is hard to digest. What about putting into juicer, add carrots to sweeten, make a drink.. Then stay close to "the head" (-;

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I was eating the leaf like a rabbit would. The idea is eat foods with lots of water in order to allow the water to absorb more slowly than drinking it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wth is the diffence between horseradish and tarter sauce? just bought some but had no idea what to choose it was for fish sticks btw i love fish sticks lol good ole poor people food

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Tonights solo meal includes lunch for tomorrow.
Salmon cooked in a skillet coated with extra virgin olive oil and good ole southern baked beans. Chard for dessert.

EAE0A3CA-2772-4CD1-882B-928D91C31D0C.jpeg

The larger slab is tomorrows lunch

5F9D62FD-589D-4AC6-8C7A-53C8D3434218.jpeg

Baked beans for the fiber and other good stuff

11C238CC-E73D-4DDE-97A8-5C911C19B83A.jpeg

A chard just because.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love bush baked beans not many people know this but eddie van halen made them possible

bridgman

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
wth is the diffence between horseradish and tarter sauce? just bought some but had no idea what to choose it was for fish sticks btw i love fish sticks lol good ole poor people food
Tartar sauce is generally something like mayo+mustard+pickles as a base, while horseradish is more like a good hot mustard on its own.

Tartar sauce has kind of a sweet/sour/creamy taste while horseradish clears out nasal passages :)

Generally you see tartar sauce with fish and horseradish with beef.

Fish sticks are great !

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
bykfixer,
That salmon looks delish!

Tonight I cooked up about 2.5 lbs of boneless chicken breasts, filletted and hammered out.
Dredged in Seasoned flour (with Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and herbs)
Egg wash
Seasoned bread crumbs
and fried in extra virgin olive oil.

For sides we had some cheesy Rice a Roni, peas, and Jellied Cranberry sauce.

1660609505202.png

1660609450714.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
buddy in school family had a deli id give him my lunch money and he gave me a turkey and cranbeery sandmich