Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Any simple recipes for fudge? Haven't had it since I was 15 or so. I recall how yummy it was

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I love walnuts I used to have a pecan tree people would just come in my yard to grab some . I also love cashews

Poppy

Flashaholic
I put a couple of fistfuls of chopped pecans into the brownie mix.

2c9X4nUa3IZPPPlPaxliWS__A7=w615-h820-no?authuser=0.jpg

ledbetter

Enlightened
Fudge is one of the easier candy recipes(don't even need a thermometer). Plenty of demo vids on YouTube. Uses like 4 cups of sugar!! Used to love it as a kid but it's way too sweet and I don't cook with sweetened condensed milk and that's one of the main ingredients. Deadly having a whole pan of that in the house! When I make candy I tend to give most of it away quickly. It's just too tempting having it around.

Toasted cashews and almonds make a great snack. Toasting them yourself adds a lot of flavor. Add some dark chocolate chips and raisins for a treat that's so called healthier than other desserts.

Last edited:
A man with convictions made of steel! I like it! :)

About a year back, my Better 3/4s and I just stopped purchasing "second stomach" foods. Be strong once at the store - then you won't have to be strong every night. After the first few weeks, we stopped missing the sweets. Now it's not a problem to walk past them while shopping. I've dropped 20 pounds since September.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I'm glad that they put most of the Lays Potato Chips, Doritos Corn Chips, and similar products into the same isle. When they went to something like $4.50 a bag, I can now just walk past that isle, and only be minimally tempted.

The PULL of the chocolate isle is stronger, but I can usually resist.

I try to go to the store with a list rather than walk up and down all of the isles, and ... well you know.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mission restaurant style.. How can we eat guacamole without tortilla chips?

Sometimes we take the store made corn tortillas, especially when getting out dated, cut into pie sections and bake at 250° til golden brown.. Then a little shredded jalapeno jack.. Comfort Fud!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Mission restaurant style.. How can we eat guacamole without tortilla chips?

Sometimes we take the store made corn tortillas, especially when getting out dated, cut into pie sections and bake at 250° til golden brown.. Then a little shredded jalapeno jack.. Comfort Fud!
Once during a winter camping trip with the Scouts, we stayed in a cabin, and I did most of the cooking, for the adults. In the evening, I made snacks for everyone.

Quick and easy, a corn flour tortilla, in a frying pan, covered with Three Cheese Mexican, then covered with another tortilla, and flipped. Transferred to a cutting board and sliced up with a pizza cutter.

They were served up as fast as I could make them. Oh yeah, consumed as quickly as they were served. :)

7EjSzC_EQD1EYWjWUJZ1cno6-9=w615-h820-no?authuser=0.jpg

Mister Ed

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad that they put most of the Lays Potato Chips, Doritos Corn Chips, and similar products into the same isle. When they went to something like $4.50 a bag, I can now just walk past that isle, and only be minimally tempted.

The PULL of the chocolate isle is stronger, but I can usually resist.

I try to go to the store with a list rather than walk up and down all of the isles, and ... well you know.
Walmart has $1.50 bags of chips. Some of them must have more salt or something, cause they always end up in my cart.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Potatoes in the microwave, a little pepper without salt, and dinosaur cutlets (no salt either, just chicken + onion + bread). Nephew doesn't want to eat chicken cutlets, but if you tell him that they are from covered with feathers descendants of dinosaurs, then it suits him

Attachments

• IMG_7135.JPG
    IMG_7135.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7143.JPG
    IMG_7143.JPG
    325 KB · Views: 50

Poppy

Flashaholic
How about one of those instant meal hacks?

Store bought rotisserie chicken, microwaved frozen creamed spinach, microwaved cheesy rice, and carrots. The jarred gravy was not necessary, but a nice addition.
EMKPLqB9MnIcoNY1Zi0TQQXTOS=w670-h893-no?authuser=0.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
That's not spinach. Are those beans?! Those are green beans. That looks like green bean casserole! What else are you keeping from us, Poppy?
LOL... ah , you got me @chillinn
Yes, that was frozen green bean casserole, you called it!

I got my meals mixed up.
How about this one?

Fried chicken in seasoned flour, egg wash, and seasoned Panko.
Frozen creamed spinach, frozen succotash, and a fresh baked sweet potato, cooked in an "air fryer" Toaster oven.

BObiiriCTUBeiVFXfRe6Hbtm6t=w670-h893-no?authuser=0.jpg

Tonight I had one of those cutlets I made up.
Real quick dinner!
Throw a cutlet on a microwaveable plate, pour some jarred sauce on it, and cover it with shredded mozzarella. Cooked in the micro for 2.5 minutes, and ready to eat. :)
Sorry no pictures.