Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Broccoli and cheese with some Melinda’s scorpion pepper sauce for lunch today.

Attachments

• 71579336658__5F8B7C95-12EE-4C0D-A783-373952DBB379.jpeg
    71579336658__5F8B7C95-12EE-4C0D-A783-373952DBB379.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 12

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Poppy

Flashaholic
Wednesday evening, while making dinner, I made extra rice, so I could make "Creamy Rice Pudding"

During the night, it absorbed all of the liquid, so all I do is add some additional half and half when I am ready to eat it.

1694167114880.png

It's good warm or cold. I might heat it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, but usually not.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wednesday evening, while making dinner, I made extra rice, so I could make "Creamy Rice Pudding"

During the night, it absorbed all of the liquid, so all I do is add some additional half and half when I am ready to eat it.

View attachment 48614

It's good warm or cold. I might heat it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, but usually not.
What are the dark spots in the rice?

Poppy

Flashaholic
I think they are little pieces of raisins that broke off. Maybe some grape stem? I suppose that it is possible that they could be some Nutmeg that I didn't mix in well.

I did burn some rice that got stuck to the bottom of the pot, maybe that.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they are little pieces of raisins that broke off. Maybe some grape stem? I suppose that it is possible that they could be some Nutmeg that I didn't mix in well.

I did burn some rice that got stuck to the bottom of the pot, maybe that.
Nutmeg? Hmmm, maybe you could post your recipe? If it doesn't violate national security, of course. I wouldn't want you to provoke TPTB.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Sure, just follow the link

I made extra rice, so I could make "Creamy Rice Pudding"

Edit: The recipe doesn't call for nutmeg, but I put it in anyway. Sometimes I'll top it off with a little cinnamon. Allspice is also a good choice.

Edit edit: Allspice and Nutmeg go well with just about any creamy recipe, IMO. I even use it in lasagna.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Picnic on a plate!

Left over rotisserie chicken, and veggies. I used the rice to make rice pudding, so instead... macaroni salad for a starch. A couple of minutes in the microwave, and then add the cold macaroni salad.

1694225707354.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's been a while since an experiment with flavor combos. Tonight was skillet fried tilapia using corn oil, house of Autrey fish batter (with old bay and lemon/pepper added) cooked real hot so each little hunk of fish cooked in like 3 minutes. The combo of old bay and lemon/pepper was a great addition.

IMG_0728.jpeg

Nugget sized fish pieces

Meanwhile two russet potato's were nuked for 8 minutes in an 1100 watt microwave. Let rest for a couple of minutes and stuck 'em back in for 1 more minute. When done a slit was cut and a fork stabbed the inside to create a sorta mashed potato core.

Salt, pepper and a 4 cheese combo for tacos was mixed into the core. Then cheese was stuffed into the slot like a taco.
IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0729.jpeg

The salt/pepper helped bring out the cheese a bit.

To drink was Welch's grape juice. It had a sorta grape jelly taste.
IMG_0730.jpeg

Went with concentrate for less calories but still yummy

I have the batter recipe now that I'll use in the future. Next time I'll double egg wash instead of water wash. And the potato idea will add some butter. For drink I'm thinking apple juice next time.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a while since an experiment with flavor combos. Tonight was skillet fried tilapia using corn oil, house of Autrey fish batter (with old bay and lemon/pepper added) cooked real hot so each little hunk of fish cooked in like 3 minutes. The combo of old bay and lemon/pepper was a great addition.

View attachment 48874
Nugget sized fish pieces

Meanwhile two russet potato's were nuked for 8 minutes in an 1100 watt microwave. Let rest for a couple of minutes and stuck 'em back in for 1 more minute. When done a slit was cut and a fork stabbed the inside to create a sorta mashed potato core.

Salt, pepper and a 4 cheese combo for tacos was mixed into the core. Then cheese was stuffed into the slot like a taco.
View attachment 48875

View attachment 48873
The salt/pepper helped bring out the cheese a bit.

To drink was Welch's grape juice. It had a sorta grape jelly taste.
View attachment 48872
Went with concentrate for less calories but still yummy

I have the batter recipe now that I'll use in the future. Next time I'll double egg wash instead of water wash. And the potato idea will add some butter. For drink I'm thinking apple juice next time.
1694567987496.png

I LIKE FISH.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I took a tip from Chef Ramsey, and cooked a few burgers in butter.
I started with 1/3 lb 85% lean burger patties.
I sauteed some red onion slices for a couple of minutes and piled them on.
I also added a slice of fried Taylor Ham. It's smoked pork roll to you non New Jerseyans.

1694867137708.png

1694867187529.png

I added a little dab of mayo on each tomato piece, and on one side of the roll.

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
The only thing better than one cheeseburger -

IMG_4838.JPG

For the record - Those were consumed by our youngest. I had one burger ...... and can't remember the last time I ate so much that my stomach hurt.