Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Dinner last night at a local Family owned Italian Restaurant.

1696852914115.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Pizza Hut is owned by Pepsi. KFC and Taco Bell also, hence they serve Pepsi products.

Local owned pizza joints serve whatever brand they get the best deal on typically. Some may serve both Coke and Pepsi products though.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Sunrise casserole - It's not just for breakfast.

View attachment 50715

Eggs, Hashbrowns, Orange Peppers, Jimmy Dean Original Pure Pork Sausage, Green Onion, Cheddar Cheese. :drool:
I'm liking it. Do you have to precook the sausage? Otherwise, how long does it go in the oven?

Hmmm, I'm not particularly big on breakfast sausage, I guess one could exchange it for bacon. Either way it sounds delightful.

I'm liking it.
I figured you would. That's why I shared it. 😁
Do you have to precook the sausage?
Yes. Last night I pondered the wisdom of also browning the hashbrowns - you know! So they'd actually be brown. I'm going to recommend adding the step to our cooks.
Otherwise, how long does it go in the oven?
At least an hour.
Hmmm, I'm not particularly big on breakfast sausage,
It's definitely not health food.
I guess one could exchange it for bacon.
Sure. Why not?
Either way it sounds delightful.
Yep!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
However, Manning BBQ is fun even when it is cold and rainy outside.

View attachment 51061
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs for last night's dinner.
In about 2001 or so we had a hurricane named Dennis go up the east coast one day. I went to work that morning and they sent everybody home. My all electric apartment was without power when I returned but......

IMG_1332.jpeg

That one big tree and several small trees in the photo were gone. That was the view from my living room before. It was of the frozen lake in 2000 after a blizzard.

Anyway, without much to do and a freezer without power I took out a whole chicken and slow cooked it on the charcoal grill during the hurricane. I used bricks on the lid to raise the chimney that lights coals using newspaper so the grill could breath but no rain got in. I made a cover over the chimney.

All told we got 18" of rain that day and I had a mighty fine roasted chicken for dinner. By sun down I had power again but I still ate by candle light using jar candles left from the ice storm on Christmas Eve in 98.

Oh, while the chicken cooked I went with my buddy to his parents house to rescue their dog. The house had 3 feet of water in it and when we arrived. The 4 pound dog was stranded on a floating sofa cushion. At the time there was a popular song that went "yeah, they've come to catch the rooster". The dogs name was Brewster. So we were singing "we've come to rescue Brewster" lol.

The song

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems I haven't cooked in a while…
Here's the makings of a healthy stuffed bell pepper.

Cajun Trinity + Zuchini + Garlic + Cilantro
97% hamburger meat
Ground cumin, paprika, salt, pepper

It'll be done in an hour or so

IMG_3951.jpeg

IMG_3953.jpeg