Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Tuna casserole

Attachments

• PXL_20231217_180944534.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231217_180944534.MP.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 29

Poppy

Flashaholic
Still trying to make room in my freezer, I made some Mrs. T's pierogies with some sauteed vidalia onion, and served with sour cream.
I posted a picture of it to a group text of my siblings, and was invited to make them and bring them to a sibling game night the Saturday between Christmas and New Years. They are easy enough to make, so, I'll comply.

1703379689259.png

I pulled some frozen veggies out of the deep freezer, it's probably a twenty serving sized bag, but I am whittling it down. I also made some rice... more than enough so that I can turn the leftovers into rice pudding. Darn, I'm out of raisins!

OK so they are now on the top of the list of a few things I need to get tomorrow.

Here we have some boneless chicken thighs dredged in seasoned flour and cooked in our little air fryer.

Ten minutes in the fryer and they were already at 170F. They were still very moist.

1703380068449.png

Poppy

Flashaholic
I wanted to cook up an eggplant, so I cut it up and roasted it. In the meantime, I cut up a vidalia onion and sauteed it. I added a can of diced tomatoes seasoned with basil and oregano, and tossed them all into some pasta.

1703503347648.png

It was good warm, and today, I might serve the leftovers, cold - with a drizzle of olive oil, and some balsamic vinegar, as a side dish.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow looks yummy everyone today wasa bit tired so just made toast .but toast is yummy somedays.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently tried salted trout for the first time in my life. It was prepared like this - cut into pieces ~4-5 cm thinkness, sprinkled with pepper and a little salt, wrapped in medical gauze so that it retained moisture on the surface, put in a deep plate, covered with a lid so that it did not dry out, you can seal it with foil. And left for 5 days in the refrigerator at +5 Celsius. The gauze can be washed and reused. You don't have to add pepper. The meat turned out very tender and fatty, almost like catfish, but the taste is much better, although I have not yet tried the catfish kebab that one of my friends admired

Attachments

• F2.png
    F2.png
    824 KB · Views: 24
  • F3.jpg
    F3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 27
  • F1.png
    F1.png
    652.1 KB · Views: 28

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Good for you raggie!

I froze mine with a good hunk of meat still on it, with the intention of making pea soup, when i get around to it.
its so darn yummy. and cheap may be the cheapest dry beans we have here . and way faster to cook then other beans.