Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im loving my ninja non stick pans i a course got a deal on them 20 bucks forba 12 inch andba smaaler pan.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
:yellowlaugh: Turkey, Sweet Onion, Pickled Asparagus, Mayonnaise, and Horseradish. 😁 👍 👍
+

Thread Killer 🔥

200.gif

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

juuuuust foolinround
Just think, someone invented the BLT

Simple is always best with food.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Onions, we go through a 3# bag every 10 days or so. Prefer Walla Walla when in season but these Vidalia are just as sweet, coming all the way from the great state of Georgia!

IMG_20240528_094156511.jpg

I'll still avoid riding shotgun with CG :grin2:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dont be jealus but i have eaten 3 bugs in the last few weeks.a smarteer man would learn to keep mouth shut when riding motorcycles but i guess i needed protien

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i just googled how to make captain ds fish if it works out ill dance the jig stuff is so yummy

Poppy

Flashaholic
Tonight we had Drumsticks, roasted/grilled red pepper, corn on the cob, rice, and lima beans.
The drum sticks took 25 minutes flipping them every five. I sat in the yard, with music bluetoothed to a Ryobi speaker, from my phone, while enjoying a glass of wine.

Hmmm, maybe this belongs in the "living the good life" thread.

1718066458625.png

Tonight we had Drumsticks, roasted/grilled red pepper, corn on the cob, rice, and lima beans.
The drum sticks took 25 minutes flipping them every five. I sat in the yard, with music bluetoothed to a Ryobi speaker, from my phone, while enjoying a glass of wine.

Hmmm, maybe this belongs in the "living the good life" thread.

View attachment 63377
By the L@@Ks and read of it, I'd say both threads. 👍👍 Do you use a thermometer when cooking?

Poppy

Flashaholic
By the L@@Ks and read of it, I'd say both threads. 👍👍 Do you use a thermometer when cooking?
Yes. Chicken comes off at 165F.
My wife never cooked with a thermometer. She'd cook it until it was sahara desert dry. When I started doing the cooking and using a thermometer, I was stunned that a chicken breast could be done in a mere 20 minutes!

1718069727343.png

IMO this is a must have tool. Well, at least for the non-professional.
Although, we went to an upscale bar and grill, locally, and my burger came out BLACK, once, and RED another time. Terrible! Maybe their chef was NOT a professional, but he certainly did not use a thermometer.

I ate the black one, and returned the red one, with a complaint to the manager.

My daughter managed an upscale bar and grill, and said that her chef used a thermometer, and NEVER had a burger sent back.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
divorce her !!!!!!! im kidding kind of lol. but i must use thermometer. i hate over cooked meats o i will even take it out early so it arives at perfect temp

Yes. Chicken comes off at 165F.
My wife never cooked with a thermometer. She'd cook it until it was sahara desert dry. When I started doing the cooking and using a thermometer, I was stunned that a chicken breast could be done in a mere 20 minutes!

View attachment 63383

IMO this is a must have tool. Well, at least for the non-professional.
Although, we went to an upscale bar and grill, locally, and my burger came out BLACK, once, and RED another time. Terrible! Maybe their chef was NOT a professional, but he certainly did not use a thermometer.

I ate the black one, and returned the red one, with a complaint to the manager.

My daughter managed an upscale bar and grill, and said that her chef used a thermometer, and NEVER had a burger sent back.
Cooking chicken was never my Better 3/4s forte. We were having chicken for dinner at her mom's house when I asked wifey - "What is this?" She said with a shocked look, "It's chicken." I retorted - "It can't be. It's too moist." My sense of humor has gotten me into more trouble than anything else. It's a good thing she married me in part for it. I'm still making her laugh after 40 years.