Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Meganoggin breakfast watch update: Toasted bagel with sweet chilli cream cheese and bacon. Very nice!

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does sound good :)

I just had to eat what I had. Gotta start cooking or something. Tired of eating just what I have :(

Brother Nogg, when are you coming stateside?

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your story doesn't add up. There's no H in yogurt. :shakehead
According to the Oxford English Dictionary , Yogurt or Yoghurt (noun) is a thick liquid food made from milk with bacteria added.

So you were wrong to say that there is no H in Yoghurt ... There is an H in Yoghurt if you speak proper English as opposed to American English ... So it all depends whether you live in the UK or America.

... So there ...
nana.gif
crackup.gif

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I arrive on the 13th of January. Why? Do you fancy a trip out to Vegas?

Nah, just curious.

Just to make it clear, not that I wouldn't want to, but no money and I have nowhere to leave my dogs :)

Last edited:

Acid87

Enlightened
I would love to have a sauna at my house! Where you stay nonsence? I'm guessing it's Scandinavia.

Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas to everyone! ( said in the way of jimmy Stewart of course )

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
merry xmas cheers to you guys! im off to watch the food cooking in the oven. soon dinner, then sauna, then presents..
We don't have Saunas here in Wales ... We put a big plastic bag on (with our heads sticking out) and stand in front of the fire to warm it up ... Some of the fitter people do exercises as well , which makes them perspire even more ... We can then run out into the back-yard and dive into the snow (or the wet grass at the moment) ... We don't beat ourselves with any birch twigs as the only twigs available are Berberis Darwinii or Ilex Aquifolium and that would be too painful.

Christmas tomorrow and we do a Kiddy-Dash to all the Childrens houses to distribute the presents to Children and Grandchildren ... Then we dash back home to make the dinner ... Only four of us this year , so it's not too bad ... Dishwashers are a great idea , so I'll get her a glass of sherry whilst she is doing it.

Anyway , I hope that all the Children and Grandchildren remember what I said about my requirements this year ... Alcoholic beverages only ... From Scotland preferably.

So have a great Christmas everyone and don't eat too much ... Remember that as alcohol is a liquid , it is totally non-fattening.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to have a sauna at my house! Where you stay nonsence? I'm guessing it's Scandinavia.

Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas to everyone! ( said in the way of jimmy Stewart of course )

He's in Finland bro, where they even have Saunas in the apartment buildings :)

Hey, you can buy them dirt cheap these days.

There is something called infrared saunas which is NOT the same thing but they're dirt cheap.
Might be something to look into... http://redsaunas.co.uk/epages/eshop367354.sf
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=sauna&btnG=Search
http://www.google.co.uk/search?scli....,cf.osb&fp=f6b350a8b112e844&biw=1920&bih=962

Acid87

Enlightened
I'm quite pissed! Been at the pub since about 6! Was up until 6 this morning too so I'm pretty ruined.

I went to my pals house last night ( I have keys to his house ) he was out for a meal with my other mate. While he was out I went to his house and disconnected his tv, Xbox, Nintendo wii, laptop, iPod and hifi and hid it in a cupboard. I then opened his front door to make it look as if he had been robbed! I hid in the cupboard until he came home which was a whole hour in a dark and cold cupboard ( I did use my Sunwayman v10r to navigate in a small circle )

It was probably the best prank I've done in years. My mate dom and me have a long history working together and being at school etc. I also introduced him to his current missus my ex flatmate.

I'm pished!

I'd like to thank you guys from this thread. A few of you lads have given me messages of kindness after my Sheona passed and it's lovely to have folks with the same hobbies with a bit of compassion for a fellow flashaholic. All the best to the families in the holiday period and all the best for the new year. Loves all over

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you little brother and the same to you.

I think we all want some more details about the prank. DId he think he got robbed? Did you scare him?

Good one :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Nice to have you here with us Steven. Despite some weeks having passed, I have still thought of you often in your loss, and I hope little by little, you are able to heal and move forward. Not that we forget those we've lost, but we can still move forward, set new goals, make plans, accomplish things. I am hoping for good things for you. We have a lot of life left in us. :grouphug:

Went to this neat place called Cafe Hollander tonight. As you can guess it's Holland themed. Had a nice bleu cheese type burger, very good. Had a couple brews too, they had like 150 to choose from. Ordered a Russian Imperial Stout but the waiter biffed and brought me this Old Coast Ale instead, from the same brewer out of CA. I told him I still wanted the stout but since he'd have to pitch the other one anyways I'd drink both. ;) He was smart and only charged me for the one I ordered, so he got a decent tip. Anyways, I started in on the first one before the food came and realized late it was a 12% ABV ale. But it was sweet and tasty and smooth! Packed a punch though. Then I drank the stout with my food and figured out it was a 9% brew. I was kinda buzzed when we left. :buddies: (NOT driving.)

Bombed around Milwaukee for a bit after that with friends. Went to another cool old hotel for drinks later. Had some 1907 rye whiskey old fashioned. Waitress said people really liked 'em. Eh, it was ok, wasn't overly impressed. But overall it was a fun night.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn! I didn't want to comment on what you wrote earlier because I must have missed it (never read it) AND didn't want to bring up old stuff so I'll have a look around and in advance, like nbp said, sorry for your loss bro.

nbp, you are such a nice guy for drinking both beers. I think you're going to heaven for that :)

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Happy Xmas everyone. Thanks to everyone who can't be at home with their family, we are thinking of you too.

sketchy-santa-fails-santa-locked-an.jpg

Acid87

Enlightened
guiri said:
Thank you little brother and the same to you.

I think we all want some more details about the prank. DId he think he got robbed? Did you scare him?

Good one :)

It's probably the best prank I've ever done in my life. I've pranked this friend a few times a couple of good ones too. He was so so shocked he actually thought he had been robbed. He went straight for the Whisky afterwards to calm his nerve. So good

nbp said:
Ordered a Russian Imperial Stout but the waiter biffed and brought me this Old Coast Ale instead, from the same brewer out of CA. I told him I still wanted the stout but since he'd have to pitch the other one anyways I'd drink both. ;) He was smart and only charged me for the one I ordered, so he got a decent tip.

This is the best kind of beer. Two beers! Good the guy only charged you with one drink too. Sounds like a fun night too.

guiri said:
Damn! I didn't want to comment on what you wrote earlier because I must have missed it (never read it) AND didn't want to bring up old stuff so I'll have a look around and in advance, like nbp said, sorry for your loss bro.

nbp, you are such a nice guy for drinking both beers. I think you're going to heaven for that :)

Don't worry man. I just assume everyone on CPF reads all threads and posts all the time.

Now for the food..... Christmas dinner was as always pretty average with nothing exciting at all really. On the plus side I managed to avoid Brussel sprouts for the first time in years. Though I'm sure my mum ate enough for the me too.