Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
since this food crises ive eaten spagthi every day lol. i was lucky i found some new sauce for buy one get one free and its good even btetr then nemans. but not as good as mids. mids is amazeing

raggie33

*the raggedier*
publix has prime rib on sale.. i like mine still cold in middle but the fat crispy on out side . only spice i use is sea salts

raggie33

*the raggedier*
what do you think of prime rib sliced thin cooked in butter real butter onions then cooked in the meat butter left over then all loaded ina onion roll?

Poppy

Flashaholic
We have a frozen 17 lb turkey that I wanted to use up before we cook the ham for Christmas. Three days of thawing in the fridge wasn't long enough, so it sat in water for an hour or so. I decided to butterfly it so it would cook faster.

Maybe next time I'll use a sawzall. Or a machete. It was too much work with a knife. I'd seen it done on youtube, and it looked so easy!?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok at store they have strawberry preserves jelly or jam. which one is best?

Poppy

Flashaholic
At work I would often buy a rotisserie chicken and eat half of it for lunch and the rest of it for dinner.
Some time last week, watching "The Kitchen" on food network, they called a rotisserie chicken a "Kitchen Hack" they used often.
Tonight, we had a quick and easy dinner with all the fixens.
Rotisserie Chicken, gravy, rice, green beans, yams, and pickled red cabbage.
Ahhhh, no room for stuffing.

1641695380126.png

At work I would often buy a rotisserie chicken and eat half of it for lunch and the rest of it for dinner.
Some time last week, watching "The Kitchen" on food network, they called a rotisserie chicken a "Kitchen Hack" they used often.
Tonight, we had a quick and easy dinner with all the fixens.
Rotisserie Chicken, gravy, rice, green beans, yams, and pickled red cabbage.
Ahhhh, no room for stuffing.
Yum Yum. L@@Ks delicious. 😋

Our two sons were going to make BLTs. Unfortunately, someone ate the tomatoes, so they decided to wing it.

Sourdough bread with tuna, cheese, and bacon.

FYI- Everything's better with bacon ..... except tuna. 😝

IMG_0829.JPG

Poppy

Flashaholic
Our two sons were going to make BLTs. Unfortunately, someone ate the tomatoes, so they decided to wing it.

Sourdough bread with tuna, cheese, and bacon.

FYI- Everything's better with bacon ..... except tuna. 😝

View attachment 22124
Oh that's funny!
I'm glad the boys are a bit adventurous.

Once in a hospital restaurant, I ordered a tuna-melt sandwich. It's like a grilled cheese sandwich with tuna.

When it came it was supposed to have french fries but came with potato chips instead. Oh and it had no cheese!? Oh well hospital food... I'm not going to complain. To my surprise, it didn't taste fishy, but that was a plus. It also had some dried cranberries in it. Hmmm unusual for tuna fish, but I'm good with variety.

Later, one of the servers was walking through the tables... "Tuna Melt with Frys?" "Tuna Melt with fries?" I raised my hand... I had been eating a chicken salad sandwich with chips!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody ever try canned (I buy the solid) Albacore, mixed with egg salad?
I add fav seasoning, tuna is tasty with dill, garlic powder, pepper.. Shredded Oaxaca or mozzarella melted across top will hold it all together.. On Dark Rye, Cracked French or whatever toots your horn. Broiler melting the cheese is desirable so not making a huge mess while eating. By this time, when without company, I can't wait and just dive right in

Poppy

Flashaholic
Anybody ever try canned (I buy the solid) Albacore, mixed with egg salad?
I add fav seasoning, tuna is tasty with dill, garlic powder, pepper.. Shredded Oaxaca or mozzarella melted across top will hold it all together.. On Dark Rye, Cracked French or whatever toots your horn. Broiler melting the cheese is desirable so not making a huge mess while eating. By this time, when without company, I can't wait and just dive right in
Sounds interesting. (y) The outlier is the egg, but the mayo is a no brainer.

Everything goes better with garlic, and onions. I also really like dill, I can see adding it. A little squirt of lime juice or lemon juice also helps to brighten it up.

Melted cheese on an open face sandwich :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Ah yes mustard! One of the chefs on "The Kitchen" puts mustard into a LOT of his cooking. I haven't tried it, but I should. In fact tonight I noticed that I have a small bottle of ground mustard in my spice closet.

LOL... look at the dust on top of it. I guess never been used!

1641772346311.png

Poppy

Flashaholic
Sometimes I'll make half a dozen hard boiled eggs, and have one a day for breakfast. Each day I'll peal one, and squirt a little honey mustard onto the top of it, and take a bite. Then I squirt another bit of mustard onto the yoke. I mix the egg and mustard in my mouth, and it is like having a deviled egg.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've got a nice aged New York strip thawing for the crock pot tomorrow. It was on clearance since it was nearly out of date. I buy steaks like that when I can. $12 steak for $5 and it's more tender. Toss it in a freezer until time to eat it.

A pound of string beans, 2 baking potatos cubed, a stick of butter and a tablespoon of Goya seasoning powder on low for 4 hours or so……mmmmmm.

I set the butter stick on the steak while its cold and let the slow cooker melt it into the meat. The potatoes taste buttery along with the string beans.
It's pretty yummy.