Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

ledbetter

Enlightened
Aluminum is the workhorse in most commercial kitchens, yet most don't cook on aluminum at home.
The best of both worlds is the combo. I mostly cook on stainless lined aluminum pans. Heat super quick but tough liner makes them bombproof. Not as easy clean up as non stick but lasts forever. Of course, non stick is good for a lot of stuff too. My parents still have a stainless electric skillet. We used to take it on trips!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
any of you have a wok you prefere? id prefere it to be the plug in kind becuase they have round bottum

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
any of you have a wok you prefere? id prefere it to be the plug in kind becuase they have round bottum

I've never had a wok. I used to see videos of that guy cooking with a wok over an intense flame. always looked fun.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've never tried a wok.

I have a OXO good grips peeler but mostly use my pops old peeler knife from his Navy days.
0C871CB8-62DA-4B86-A3E9-7EA6E078279A.jpeg

Poppy

Flashaholic
Broke out the Big Boy today. 12 inches in diameter, and 2 1/2 inches deep.

1643407601128.png

Chicken Marsala, (Chicken, Onions, and Mushrooms) seasoned with garlic, and Grill Mates, Brown Sugar Bourbon, and of course Marsala wine. Mixed and simmered with potato gnocci. A delicious, non-grain meal.

1643407856496.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cooking pork here may be my last meet to this infaltion gets under control i keep trying to go vegan well the ones who drinks dairy and eat dairy and eggs

Poppy

Flashaholic
cooking pork here may be my last meet to this infaltion gets under control i keep trying to go vegan well the ones who drinks dairy and eat dairy and eggs
@raggie,
I think that is called lacto-ovo vegetarian.

Certainly beans and rice are relatively inexpensive forms of protein. Often stores will have "Loss leaders" where they sell products at wholesale, or even less, so that they can advertise a particularly low price to entice buyers to come into the store. Once there, they'll buy other items at full price.

I say this to suggest that you watch the advertisement flyers that they may send around. OR download the grocery store app, and check for coupons, or "digital" coupons. They can help you save significantly.

You have to watch the cost of vegetables. I don't think that they are necessarily less expensive than meats on sale. I am pretty sure that I have seen eggplant for $2.49 / lb. And meat loaf mix for $3.99 / lb. I imagine that you would get far more calories, and protein from the meatloaf, per lb.

Years ago when I was a vegetarian, the experts at the time felt that one should have 6 oz of red meat a week.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o i live for sales i do the publix bogo deals never had egg plaant before well not that i recall.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put this together for my wife.
The bun is keto from a local place.
I prepared the folded eggs.
There's many ways and techniques to cook an egg.

51849014909_5d5a757b07_c.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
The best of both worlds is the combo. I mostly cook on stainless lined aluminum pans. Heat super quick but tough liner makes them bombproof. Not as easy clean up as non stick but lasts forever. Of course, non stick is good for a lot of stuff too. My parents still have a stainless electric skillet. We used to take it on trips!
Your mention of electric skillet, made me think of a GE electric grill that we had years before there was such a thing as a George Foreman grill.
I should break that out and use it more often again. Since it cooks on both sides, at the same time, it will do boneless chicken breasts in about 7 minutes. The grill surface snaps out for easy cleanup.

1643537012301.png

1643537059753.png

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
never had crawfish

We eat them twice a year or so. my wife and kids love them. I end up peeling for my kids and giving my wife the bigger ones. I usually heat up chicken and rice/tators afterwards.

Last edited: