Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Looks great!
I really like guacamole but for some reason, I never buy it.

Back when I was in post grad school, I used to buy it and eat it all the time. I used to grow alfalfa sprouts too.

I really need to start eating more salads, and including avocados in my diet.

Looks great!
I really like guacamole but for some reason, I never buy it.

Back when I was in post grad school, I used to buy it and eat it all the time. I used to grow alfalfa sprouts too.

I really need to start eating more salads, and including avocados in my diet.

Albertson's made-in-house guacamole is the only store-bought guac I like.

Tonight's dinner - first time preparing it -

IMG_1631.jpeg

Creamy Chicken Mac & Cheese.

Poppy

Flashaholic
The only sauce my one grandson will eat is Classico's Vodka sauce. I must admit, it is a good choice. Shop Rite doesn't carry it but Stop and Shop does. I had a short shopping list, the most important item was skinless chicken breasts.

I decided to go to Stop and Shop so I could get that sauce, I know that we are running low. So I got a little this, and a little that (yummm blueberry vanilla goats cheese) and certainly the sauce.

They had skinless boneless chicken breasts for $2.99 and only $1.99 with a digital coupon. There was none left. :(

So I spent $47.00 and didn't get the chicken.

Once again, I hit the freezer, and pulled out a baggie of frozen filleted chicken breast.

Tonight we had Chicken parmigiana over some kind of curly pasta.

Sorry no pictures. It hit our plates and was half devoured before I thought of getting my phone.

I love my tools.
Some are out in my shed, some are in my kitchen, flashlights are all over. :)

I have three stainless steel mixing bowls that are often called into duty when I do the three step- flour - Egg wash - bread crumb coating. They are so easy to clean, that they are often cleaned, dried, and put away, before the last piece of chicken is finished cooking.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
simple cheap today navybeans in pressure cooker with some pork roast very yummy and as i said before after decades of thinking i only like the 15 bean mix of beans that was very expensive i found i like navy beans better and ther cheap

Poppy

Flashaholic
Yesterday my daughter called and asked "Dad, what do you want to do for dinner? I'll be home in about 35 minutes, and am starving!"

Some parboiled three color little potatoes, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and some olive oil, and roasted in the toaster/convection oven.
Boiled fresh carrots (in salted and coconut sugared water).
Store bought mac and cheese.
And quick thawed thin sliced boneless chicken breast cooked on the grill with some "Sweet Baby Ray's" BBQ sauce.

Of course the complimentary glass of Red wine. :)

1655046376736.png

The dog went nuts for his portion of chicken! :clap:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont have pics but i add butter to pan then flour browning flour then add milk green peas and tuna served over white toast

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Mrs whipped up some tuna cakes same as salmon cakes. I prefer plain salmon cakes but the tuna (from a can) was kinda bland so I'd reccomend spicing those up. Three cans of drained tuna and some bread crumbs made four 3" cakes. We use canola oil for cooking them.

Add some corn on the cob, unsweetened apple sauce and iced spring water to complete the package. Mrs Fixer had sweet tea and no corn.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
a few weeks ago i went to walmart to get chicken quarters i swear to you they smelled like a dirthy bathroo you know that urine smell. still is freaking me out. but walmart is just awful . it is worth it go to to publix