Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Poppy

Flashaholic
View attachment 38856
Smoked pork shoulder
Red skin mashed potatos with dark (pudding thick) gravy
Macoroni & Cheese with smoked white cheddar

Mmmmmmmmmission barbecue
It's hard to go wrong with smoked pulled pork!
And then smoked mac and cheese. That's a superbowl meal just waiting for the big match.

Last year I brought two trays of mac and cheese, one with a little liquid smoke and one without, to a Super bowl party. Some liked the smoked, others not as much. Both trays however, had little left over at the end of the day.

We recently celebrated our youngest son's birthday. He and his brother decided to prepare one of Sam The Cooking Guy's deluxe hotdogs.

IMG_3527.jpeg

They had bacon, grilled onions & pineapple, and a little bit of heat from a sauce made from Japanese mayonnaise, Worcester, and sriracha. Easily the best hotdogs I've ever eaten.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Man o man I like those $1.50 costco hot dogs. For a buck 50 you get a hot dog and a beverage.

The other day the CEO of Costco was asked if they were going to raise the price.
His response "I will kill anyone who does" 😱

Imagine if you will finely ground granola, and finely ground rice crispies, held together with sweetened Reeses type peanut butter, pressed into a slab and covered with chocolate icing that hardens like that ice cream kind does.

C05398E7-734E-4571-89E6-2A30931DB5B1.jpeg

Buy one get one at the local grocery store

Poppy

Flashaholic
Today the outside temp started at 2F with a windchill of -13F.
Today we had a high of 19F.
When I decided that I wanted to make Eggplant Parm, I knew that I would have a problem.
My daughter opens the windows when ever I fry anything. Fried oil makes her hair smell like a kitchen. With these extremely low temps, I didn't want any windows open.
So I decided to "Air Fry" the eggplant.

So eggplant salted to weep fluids for 30 minutes, pressed dry, then dipped in flour, egg wash, and then panko. Baked in the "Air Fry" toaster oven for about 30 minutes.

Then layered with seasoned ricotta cheese, and mozzarella, and sauce.

In the mean time I made up a salad.

L7W9jX8Oyj9HAi2y6DsVGYmVHM=w670-h893-no?authuser=0.jpg

8O_JJxCqYIg2uBJX43wUqsdK2B=w670-h893-no?authuser=0.jpg

AS_L4CVSB325SSYLL6wtKfe5-c=w670-h893-no?authuser=0.jpg

u8FevepgEhqRwOePbUOmE9W3Jq=w670-h893-no?authuser=0.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
Needing to get more fiber in my diet, I made another salad.
qOv_26bEo20jEdd3HNNT8KdfpK=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

To which I added a rotisserie chicken leg and thigh.
Lf3XHrZsqIFRCjaPf7fM6745IJ=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

Next night, some Chicken Parm brought home from the office, and some left-over salad.

lGA42AcgJ4CvEHlykz8BRxDCux=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last night another quick meal... some rotisserie chicken, with some kraft mac and cheese.

QUyDmDlqh-LYM5XAoSzRIWVZb9=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good looking salad Poppy!
For a change from romaine or spinach, I'll buy the bagged cole slaw then add avacados, tomatoes, green onions, olives.. Good stuff we need daily!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Good looking salad Poppy!
For a change from romaine or spinach, I'll buy the bagged cole slaw then add avacados, tomatoes, green onions, olives.. Good stuff we need daily!
Sounds great knucklegary! All those anti-oxidents in one bowl. :)

As a kid, I had an extreme gassy reaction to raw cabbage, so much so that if I had two tablespoons of coleslaw, I'd be doubled over in pain. I'd be fine with cooked cabbage, such as in stuffed cabbage IE gwumpkies or sauerkraut.

Fortunately I've outgrown that. I added avocado to the more recent salad, instead of mandarin oranges. Today, I think I'll add some canned pineapple, and maybe some olives.

Is natural gas/propane prohibited in PNW?
No, not yet. I would be surprised if doing so isn't on our governor's list. He's one of those save the earth all the while flying on his private jet kind of guys.

I prefer cooking with iron skillets. That glass top would not last a week in my kitchen.
Ya like to bang yer skillets down on yer cooktop? That's very macho! :grin2:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
In late 2023 or early 24 meatless meat will taste as good as the real thing . You heard it here first

Latest posts