Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Poppy

Flashaholic
The before picture:

Hchc8wrKq7ALZPHkgLsP3NGZGx=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

and the still before going into the oven picture:

One went into the oven, the other into the freezer for my son to take home with him.

Vor42Ym-ketavc73Vx7HVIkiBa=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I am more of a simple cook I don't have the attention span for the meals you guys cook. Me i will throw a hunk of pork in pressure cooker spread the pork serve it over rice dump some again sauce over it. I forget what again sauce is my favorite but like most of it. I also like bean soup

@Chauncey Gardiner I have a smaller cast iron skillet sometimes put in oven to keep fud warm. One day, in a hurry, grabbed the sucker bare handed 🔥 Every now and then I need a wake up call
In your defense, I have replaced two glass cooktops. One at a friends when it was covered with a towel…. A painter stepped on it.

The other was due to someone sans common sense attempting to break apart frozen chicken.

Ours has been spared such abuse.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Ah yes! @bykfixer Brownies!!! My daughter picked up a box of mix a few days ago. Time to make them again.

Our dog has had the poops, so he has gotten chicken and rice all week. Sometimes the chicken is just boiled in chicken stock.

Here we have Southern Fried chicken, with rice and mixed veggies.
NzHZLfCzWr1wYpjFojpQRbLNO8=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

Double dipped in Panko fried chicken, with corn and rice:
_13GQrHAceQkyA9lrnRAA5XJZu=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

and tonight's dinner:
Honey coconut fried chicken, with rice, carrots, and coconut fried pineapple.
_tp5xfUSAEE5Anh6H8S6kx8y8N=w562-h749-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For a late Valentine I drove Mrs Fixer to a barbecue joint at a local airport about 30 minutes before sundown. We watched the sun slowly settle down behind the trees from our table next to the window as small aircraft fans landed just before dark.
F0FE5FA0-05C3-4CDE-9C47-DA76F6C3D859.jpeg

Some of the airplane occupants flew in for dinner there.

I had gotten word they would be serving her favorite carnivore treat, smoked prime rib. I had fried chicken thighs and mashed pototo's, steamed peel n eat shrimp and corn while she enjoyed prime rib and mashed potatos. We both tried the baked spagetti. If you like a little spagetti with your onions and tomatoe chunks it was good but we don't so 👎 to the baked spagetti.

On the drive home we spoke of the good times when the kids were little and spent the rest of the evening sharing stories of days gone by.

We're living the dream while we still can as some day one or the other will expire. The remaining one will likely be eating Stoufers microwave meals on Saturday nights and remembering days like yesterday.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Took some chicken breast boneless and beat it to make it flater and even thickness. Then covered it in mayo then coated it with bread crumbs.nthen fried it in crisco

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night in my hurry to leave the office I left my phone on my desk. So no pictures today.

Last night my daughter wasn't eating with me, so I made something she doesn't particularly like, that I do. Mojito Chicken!

Very easy to make. Take a breast, filet it, and beat it with a hammer. Season it with Grill Mates Mojito Lime seasoning, and fry it in a pan coated with olive oil. Give it a squirt of Lime Juice, and cook it up.

Share the plate with some nuked green beans, yellow/waxed beans, and carrots.