• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Buy> McGizmo Haiku... ( Haiku owners please post pictures here as well for drooling )

stoli67

Enlightened
Re: Buy> McGizmo Haiku... ( Haiku owners please post pictures here as well for drooli

Octaf how long is that trit slot?

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: Buy> McGizmo Haiku... ( Haiku owners please post pictures here as well for drooli

I don't really know anymore what this thread is about, but I like it! I have some pics of my Haiku XP-G. ;) Nothing special, not for sale. :nana:

(They look different 'cuz I was trying different lighting for my homemade light tent.)

p1000749a.jpg

p1000753bs.jpg

p1000758q.jpg

p1000768m.jpg

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Octaf how long is that trit slot?

Trit is 6mm. So the slot must be a little bit longer than that I suppose.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pic's, nbp !!! :twothumbs

indadark

Newly Enlightened

My first Ti light was an XM-L Haiku that I got last month. Absolutely love this light.
Stacked-1.jpg

Group2-1.jpg

Group1-1.jpg

LumensMaximus

Enlightened

My first Ti light was an XM-L Haiku that I got last month. Absolutely love this light.
Stacked-1.jpg

Group2-1.jpg

Group1-1.jpg

Very very nice :thumbsup:, what's the 2nd one from the left, at first I thought it was a Haiku with a different head but it appears different all together?

grayhighh

Enlightened

Very very nice :thumbsup:, what's the 2nd one from the left, at first I thought it was a Haiku with a different head but it appears different all together?

Gavina CR123

fyrstormer

Banned

Hmm. I might have to talk you into cutting some trit slots on mine too...

precisionworks

Flashaholic

20110619223976.jpg

I really like the orientation of the trit in the photo above, especially on a light like the Haiku that has no fluting on either end. One of the members from Europe sent in his Haiku but he wants the trits aligned on the long axis. I'll do mine first to double check that the milling setup is correct, but plan to install them like those in the photo.

fyrstormer

Banned

Cutting on the long axis is probably easier since the cut will be the same depth from one end to the other. I prefer the way yours are aligned, though.

Since the trit slots aren't integrated into the upward-facing part of the tailcap, I was thinking two slots per light, 90 degrees CW and CCW from the clip, should allow for maximum visibility at minimum cost. What do you think?

precisionworks

Flashaholic

I been thinking quite a bit about trits for my personal Haiku, probably on the head as there is no clip to work around. As of now, I plan to space four around the head at 90° spacing, with those four installed "sideways" like the photo above. Then install four more that run "longways", again at 90° spacing & located exactly between the first four.

I was thinking two slots per light, 90 degrees CW and CCW from the clip, should allow for maximum visibility at minimum cost.
Two should work well, as there will almost always be one that's easily visible.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

TYVM :)

That job was what I'd call "white knuckle machining" as it was my first try at titanium slots ... on a $350 head. After the first one was milled I was able to relax a bit. Still a tough little job, as slot length was held to -.0000" and +.0005", although depth of cut tolerance was double that.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

oHHHH, I do like those 6 slots very much. Hmmm

Vernon

Enlightened

At Pawley's Island this past week - really nice to have on night walks.

dsc3906n.jpg

photopub.jpg

Last edited: