• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Buy> McGizmo Haiku... ( Haiku owners please post pictures here as well for drooling )

crffish

Newly Enlightened
Re: Buy> McGizmo Haiku... ( Haiku owners please post pictures here as well for drooli

Precisionworks,

Those trit slots look great!

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Re: Buy> McGizmo Haiku... ( Haiku owners please post pictures here as well for drooli

What size are the trits you used?
Those are 1.5x5mm.

These are 2x6mm:

Image-9853934-155603862-2-Web_0_7aed82c79301e2e5a025f6a8c9208acb_1

Precisionworks,

That is so cool! The only thing that would make it better is if you could cut ninjas in half with it.

~ Chance

precisionworks

Flashaholic

crffish & Chauncey,

Thank you both for your kind words. The Haiku is a canvas that's just waiting for a trit or two ... or even 16 :)

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow these definetely look bright !

Do you know how much "meat" is left at the tail section ? There is a internal groove that holds the rubber boot retaining o-ring.
Or does the tritium slots fall in the treaded section that holds the switch ?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Precisionworks,

That is so cool! The only thing that would make it better is if you could cut ninjas in half with it.

~ Chance

:laughing:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

... do you think that you could put trits in the fins like the v10r?http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/4v10rwithtrits.jpg/
The short answer is no. The reason is that the "head fin" section of the V10R is detachable & that allows easy access for the drill bit. The Haiku head is solid & there's no way I can see to do that operation without totally redesigning the head into three parts - something that's not likely to happen

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Do you know how much "meat" is left at the tail section ? There is a internal groove that holds the rubber boot retaining o-ring. Or do the tritium slots fall in the threaded section that holds the switch ?

Like most lights there are places on the Haiku where slots are fine & quite a few places that they aren't suitable. The tail image shows that the slots are just slightly rearward of the area that is drilled & tapped for the pocket clip screws:

Image-9853934-155819243-2-Web_0_ae240fa858002469fd66663bb90266ed_1

Go any farther forward & the slot will open into the groove for the O-ring & boot. The thickness at the tail is substantial, about 0.150" (3.81 mm) so milling a 2mm deep slot leaves lots of metal. You can still throw your Haiku out of an airplane & it will survive :devil:

2mm slots in the head are more difficult as there are lots of internal cuts to consider. Notice how the slots are located as far to the back of the head as possible:

Image-9853934-155819470-2-Web_0_5ba345e1b4e576bd26e5ab0f9430c206_1

Go the tiniest bit farther forward & the slot will open into a bored out area.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Haiku, after it came back from PrecisionWorks to have some slots milled and UKMidnite to get anodised. The trits were waiting at home, just as the new high CRI light engine... :devil:

When I took the pics (quite in a hurry, sorry...), the head was unfortunately not yet aligned correctly, that has been fixed now!

6Srkf.jpg

Gj6hH.jpg

m6GPa.jpg

cubebike

Enlightened

My Haiku! The only different from original is the clip. I use scotch brite to polish it to glossy finish.
49165697.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

My Haiku, after it came back from PrecisionWorks to have some slots milled and UKMidnite to get anodised. The trits were waiting at home, just as the new high CRI light engine... :devil:

When I took the pics (quite in a hurry, sorry...), the head was unfortunately not yet aligned correctly, that has been fixed now!

6Srkf.jpg

Ok, that is just plain awesome. :bow:

I would be soooo curious to know what Don thinks of a light that has been dolled up like this. :popcorn: