where you know you will get a good one?
I think this was asked before, but i cant
find the post(s). Also, i have to be able
to specify the color (white).

Thanks in advance.
--Al

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrAl:
Hello again,

Where is the best place to buy an LS now,
where you know you will get a good one?
I think this was asked before, but i cant
find the post(s). Also, i have to be able
to specify the color (white).

Thanks in advance.
--Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Al,

Try www.future-active.com. The part number is LXHL-MW1A for the Luxeon with optics, costing $13.50. Unfortunately, this is a minimum qty of 16. For the emitter (I just ordered 2), the part number is LXHL-BW01. Any quantity, and the price is $11.55 for 1-24.

I just purchased a few from another web site markhannah, http://www.nwlink.com/~mhannah1/ for $15.00/ea. Higher price, but he does have some.

I don't need any myself right now, but perhaps a group purchase at future-active?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember we have been selling them for a while now at $14/pc, no minimum.

In fact it was the CPF members that asked me to start selling them.

Thread where I was asked about selling LS LEDs
Arc Flashlight LS-LED order page
Luxeon Star (LS) data file

Remember we are talking about the bare LED here (w/optics) for use in flashlight mods, experiments, etc and not the Arc-LS flashlight (which incidentally, I was also asked by you guys to sell
rolleyes.gif
).

Peter Gransee

papasan

Enlightened
i've ordered an amber high dome from markhannah, it was a good purchase, very well packaged and shipped fast for a good price...

gransee was out at the time i was looking, and i wanted a high dome anyhow, so...

if i remember correctly, future-active has a higher shipping cost which made the price very similar to markhannah's...besides, i like ordering from a more 'mom & pop' sort of place...

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:

Remember we are talking about the bare LED here (w/optics) for use in flashlight mods, experiments, etc and not the Arc-LS flashlight (which incidentally, I was also asked by you guys to sell
rolleyes.gif
).

Peter Gransee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense intended Peter. I started looking for Luxeons elsewhere when you were out of stock. Fourteen dollars is a fair price, considering the no minimum quantity. I don't intend to purchase 16, and if we all get together and do a group purchase, just to save a few cents, that leaves you with a inventory you're stuck with, and that's not fair, especially when we here asked you to carry them. I didn't think of that. Sorry.

How about making the emitter(s) available?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem Wayne.

Emitters? Future still hasn't given me a delivery date for the quantity I want to order. For now, we peel them off the board. We have sold them to a few people (I think they where manufacturers) like that but the cost was more, not less because of the labor involved ($19).

Peter Gransee

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:

rolleyes.gif
).

Peter Gransee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Peter,

I clicked on Arc Flashlight LS-LED order page

Then when I click on Specs, I get an adobe file. In the file, Cyan is listed at 17 Lumens, where as the Luxeon Star (LS) data file indicates that the Cyan's typical luminous flux is 30 lumens. Any reason why these are different specs ? Will the new Arc-LS cyan be 17 or 30 lumens ?

thanks,

sylvestor.
confused.gif

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
gransee i'm still glowing from that flashtalk we had during your lunch break. the leds did come and because of what you told me i ordered both cyan and red and white. i hope you always sell luxeans because i know that if i buy from you i get quality service.

Latest posts