buying suggestions...help!

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles, my wife has given me permission to buy a new flashlight. Now, for the hard part...

I can't decide between a ElektroLumens 3C mag lite mod, a Inova X5, a Night Blaster 8x or a Sure Fire G2.

I'm looking for brightness, and, I like the ability on the X5 to recycle the 3v lithiums from my Brinkman Legend.

So, state what you'd buy and why and help me figure it out before she changes her mind
grin.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris,
It sota depends on what you have right now. I can highly recomend the G2 & the X5. My "Elektro-Mag" is on the way. (actually, it's a Brinkman Legend I sent him to convert) The 8X is very bright, but I'm haveing trouble keeping LEDs working in them. My 1st one had 2 go out 3 of the remaining 6 go dim on me. I got great service from Glo-Bug. He had me ship it back & sent me a brand new one. But after 5-10 min. use, another LED went out. I emailed him, but haven't gotten a responce yet. The X5 to recycle your 123's is a good idea. It's a very good light. They should be comming out with the new one soon. TX

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Chris,
It sota depends on what you have right now. I can highly recomend the G2 & the X5. My "Elektro-Mag" is on the way. (actually, it's a Brinkman Legend I sent him to convert) The 8X is very bright, but I'm haveing trouble keeping LEDs working in them. My 1st one had 2 go out 3 of the remaining 6 go dim on me. I got great service from Glo-Bug. He had me ship it back & sent me a brand new one. But after 5-10 min. use, another LED went out. I emailed him, but haven't gotten a responce yet. The X5 to recycle your 123's is a good idea. It's a very good light. They should be comming out with the new one soon. TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read on here that they're coming out with a new X5 so maybe I will wait on that one. I don't have any SureFire's so they are definately looking very attractive. Do you know if the G2 will be brighter than my Legend LX? I'm wondering, though, which one will be the brightest...doesn't sound like you've had very good luck with the 8x...I really like LED's and want both a really good flood LED and spot LED. So far, my brightest LED is the Dorcy Cool Blue...decisions, decisions...
rolleyes.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G2 is a much better light than the LX, but you won't find the output that much different. (I have 3 of them) What LED's do you have. I may have a suggestion for you on your Cool Blue. TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Chris,

Way I look at it, the other three are production models that you could buy any time from several outlets. The 2D/3C is made one at a time, when time permits, and you can only get them from one source right now (unless you're handy with electronics and soldering and stuff, which I ain't).

And I happen to know he has close to a dozen orders waiting already. How long do you want the line to grow before you get in?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
The G2 is a much better light than the LX, but you won't find the output that much different. (I have 3 of them) What LED's do you have. I may have a suggestion for you on your Cool Blue. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have 3 of what? Care to contribute one?
grin.gif
I have a CMG Infinity, a Cool Blue (what's your suggestion?), a PAL Light Survival, and an old Brinkman LED light.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
Chris,

Way I look at it, the other three are production models that you could buy any time from several outlets. The 2D/3C is made one at a time, when time permits, and you can only get them from one source right now (unless you're handy with electronics and soldering and stuff, which I ain't).

And I happen to know he has close to a dozen orders waiting already. How long do you want the line to grow before you get in?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa. That many orders? How long does it take him to do one order? hmmm...

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about telling her that you want the SureFire (most expensive of the bunch?), get the funds appropriated, buy an Electrolumens 3C mod. Then save up yer "lunch money" for a few days & by then you should be able to bag the new model INOVA X5...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually, of the ones I'm looking at, they're all within like $5 of each other. Otherwise, I'd do something like that!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChrisM:
You have 3 of what? Care to contribute one?
grin.gif
I have a CMG Infinity, a Cool Blue (what's your suggestion?), a PAL Light Survival, and an old Brinkman LED light.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The "3" are G2's. What I suggest for your Cool Blue is buy a 3 or 4 LED PR base lamp he makes (4.5V or 6V, depending on the batteries you're going to use)from John @ [email protected] . If you have rechargeables, get the 4.5V lamp; with alkalines, the 6V. You'll end up with a very good LED flood light. Then, look around for a plastic, opaque bottle (mine I believe was a Rolaids bottle) & cut the top off. It just fits over the light & makes a great area light. With a little foam tape, the cover will stay on when hanging upside down. TX

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, my wife's probably going to flip, but I ordered the ElektroLumens 3D torch. I can't wait!!!
grin.gif