• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

C22Cvn - Best 18650 EDC (Must Have)

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
vinh, are you able to double up on the magnets like you did on the nitecore ec11? i thought of a pretty cool idea for more uses on this great must have edc.
on the walls of almost every house, there are screws on the 2x4 studs. so if you just wave your c22c against your walls of your house to try and locate the studs, your light will stick to the walls because of the screws. i think this can be handy and useful in certain situations, but the magnet that comes with the c22c is not strong enough....it sticks, but once you let go of the light, it drops.
i think this would be a nice additional add on.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
vinh, are you able to double up on the magnets like you did on the nitecore ec11? i thought of a pretty cool idea for more uses on this great must have edc.
on the walls of almost every house, there are screws on the 2x4 studs. so if you just wave your c22c against your walls of your house to try and locate the studs, your light will stick to the walls because of the screws. i think this can be handy and useful in certain situations, but the magnet that comes with the c22c is not strong enough....it sticks, but once you let go of the light, it drops.
i think this would be a nice additional add on.

Will check it out

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have decided not to order any XPL dedome from the factory. If you want XPL Dedome you can order from the factory and send in to me to mod. You can get XPL PDTc straight from me however.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huh? Where is this info coming from? I don't see anything on CPF or on the manufacture site about the C22C stock with dedome XPL. Can someone point me the way please, or PM me the info (stock info doesn't need to be on this thread I don't think). Thanks.

lumentia

Enlightened
Huh? Where is this info coming from? I don't see anything on CPF or on the manufacture site about the C22C stock with dedome XPL. Can someone point me the way please, or PM me the info (stock info doesn't need to be on this thread I don't think). Thanks.
my guess was that Vinh posted in the wrong thread. Maybe he meant to post in noctigon m43vn thread. If that's the case I think it's a good call as the pics I saw of (noctigon's) factory dedome tint- well it was pretty ugly. PDT from Vinh would be the only way I'd get dedome in xpl.

Last edited:

Saul Good

Enlightened
That makes much more sense. I thought for some reason he meant the factory XPL high intensities that are coming out. By factory I thought he meant Cree. Maybe if I wasn't so sleepy I would have discerned his post better. Thanks Lumentia.

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Some member posted that the reflector on the side lamp 'melted' away. This is kind of weird as the side lamp puts out only 180 lumens? Can I assure that it is not safe to use the side light on max for an extended period even if it's only 180 lumens?
Thanks

lumentia

Enlightened
Re: Best 18650 EDC :)

Post 69 seems to be saying the cover melted on his c21c, not the c22c, while in his pocket and was asking Vinh if a replacement 'cover' for the 22 would fit the 21. Just what I gathered from that post..

Well I need another of these anyway. Why not.Can you get the cover for the side light, if it is the same size as the 21, mine melted while it was in my jacket pocket?

scottinarctic1

Newly Enlightened

Oh sorry. I misread it. Thanks for clarifying..
That was a bad one for me, left it on in my jacket during a 10 hour shift and the diffuser turned black with a Smoot looking burn. It was completely my fault for not paying attention. I eventually took it off and actually like it better now. I just need a way to protect the led now.BTW liked it so muchave I've got a 22 on the way.Can't wait.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Happened to my C22Cvn a few days ago. It's just a matter of time when you have a combination of a super sensitive switch and always start on high when switching LED.
Wouldn't have burned if it started on low. I had it in the knife pocket of my 5.1 pants. I must have pressed my leg against something and that turned the light on. Felt hot
eventually but it was too late. I took the optic out and now have a mule which is very similar to my Zebralight H502w -- way too large and diffused. Much prefer the factory optic. Light is no longer waterproof but completely functional.
IMG_0630_zpshg8sq2pm.jpg

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You can replace with a small glass lens or a thick plastic cut out piece.

Joeymt3

Enlightened
I've accidentally turned mine on as well. I now unscrew the tail cap about 1/4 turn to prevent that from happening.

SuLyMaN

Enlightened

Happened to my C22Cvn a few days ago. It's just a matter of time when you have a combination of a super sensitive switch and always start on high when switching LED.
Wouldn't have burned if it started on low. I had it in the knife pocket of my 5.1 pants. I must have pressed my leg against something and that turned the light on. Felt hot
eventually but it was too late. I took the optic out and now have a mule which is very similar to my Zebralight H502w -- way too large and diffused. Much prefer the factory optic. Light is no longer waterproof but completely functional.
IMG_0630_zpshg8sq2pm.jpg

This is pretty bad. I would think the 180 lumens side lamp is going to be one of the most used settings. This means that this flashlight's design prevents a user from using the side lamp on the max setting for much time...This is a really bad design. I suppose glass cover is out of question as it a protruding cover and any hits would smash the cover....

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is pretty bad. I would think the 180 lumens side lamp is going to be one of the most used settings. This means that this flashlight's design prevents a user from using the side lamp on the max setting for much time...This is a really bad design. I suppose glass cover is out of question as it a protruding cover and any hits would smash the cover....

The side LED can stay on high for as long as you want. Mine burned because it was in a confined space with no airflow. There is no worry for normal use on high.