Calling all TK41 users

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I'm glad I read this. I have been asking on here about the TK-41 and everything came back great on it. Now I dont know what to think. Not going to spend $130 on a headache. So what is everyone's second choice on a AA thrower? I'm thinking maybe the Jetbeam BC40 with 2 rechargeable 18650, what do you think about this one? thanks

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have TK50 which is an impressive thrower. I read that TK41 is even throwier than TK50 but doesn't have same spill brightness as TK35. Due to the total output the spill still should be much brighter than the spill of TK50?

I find TK41 very attractive but am doubtful because of the several reports of a greenish tint. My TK50 is just disgusting greenish. Also my new LD01 R5 and LD10 R5 are greenish but not nearly like the TK50.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad and I played with his TK41 over the weekend, and the TK41 has a nice tint. It is warmer than the tint of my TK45, it it looks great! The throw on the TK41 is incredible.

Richub

Enlightened
My first TK41 I bought had a horrible green color, and the emitter was even more offcentered than the one in Trooplewis' picture. I was very disappointed with it and I brought it back to the store.

The second one I got two weeks later is perfect, both in tint and the emitter being perfectly centered. There is a slight hint of green on the low mode, but you'll only notice this on white wall hunting. In real life it's just perfect. :)

I love it as much as I love my TK35. It's bright as hell, throws a long long way and looks and feels just great. Turning both the TK41 and TK35 on on turbo makes me grin loudly. :D

sagara

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
i am also willing to buy TK41. i am more interest about the beam throw. will it give specific 472M throw?
just share your experience about it.

Thanks.

sagara

Newly Enlightened
hi,

i heard with TK50, TK41 specially some greenish tint. will it due to batch failure? or all the lights are like that?
(i mean TK50 and TK41)

Thanks.

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi,
i am also willing to buy TK41. i am more interest about the beam throw. will it give specific 472M throw?
just share your experience about it.

Thanks.
Well, it does throw far. If it will do 472M I'm not sure. But close it will be :p
If have tested the TK41 on a straight road. And +- 500-550meters away there was a road sign. That sign did light up.

kj2

Flashaholic
hi,

i heard with TK50, TK41 specially some greenish tint. will it due to batch failure? or all the lights are like that?
(i mean TK50 and TK41)

Thanks.
If have the TK41. Did does have a green tint, but only in the low-mid mode. On high and turbo it is all white :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first TK41 I bought had a horrible green color, and the emitter was even more offcentered than the one in Trooplewis' picture. I was very disappointed with it and I brought it back to the store.

The second one I got two weeks later is perfect, both in tint and the emitter being perfectly centered. There is a slight hint of green on the low mode, but you'll only notice this on white wall hunting. In real life it's just perfect. :)

I love it as much as I love my TK35. It's bright as hell, throws a long long way and looks and feels just great. Turning both the TK41 and TK35 on on turbo makes me grin loudly. :D

Actually I don't dislike a very slight greenish, this is noticable in as well my Fenix TK30 and with Malkoff P4 dropin to Maglite. But my TK50 is just TOO much!(except from with the hotspot at the higher modes)
According to your description of your second TK41 I am sure I would be very happy with a similar example!

Samy

Enlightened
Ok i've had my TK41 for a week now. It does have a slightly greenish tint at the lower levels but if you weren't looking for it you wouldn't notice it. My dad has had a play with it and thinks it's great too. I've tested it in some open paddocks, my large backyard and in town. It's not 'amazing' around built up areas but out in the bush it's pretty darn amazing. The beam is very smooth, no artifacts visible and i'm more than happy with it's performance.

Now for something new. Have a look at these pics and tell me what's wrong:

TK41002.jpg

TK41003.jpg

Yes, that's a manufacturing fault on the reflector. It appears to be either a small piece of plastic or most likely some glue. I can't exactly tell but it's clear/transparent. The TK41 came like this and it does not seem to affect it's performance although i have no other TK41's to compare it against. I can't get to the reflector because the bezel is glued... and that's probably what this is, a dab of glue. I've shaken and tapped the light head with my hand but that dab ain't going nowhere.

I'm not going to contact my supplier and send it back because 1) the light performs fine and 2) i'm in Australia and it took 3-4 weeks fr delivery as it was. (no fault of my excellent supplier).

Just thought i'd post it up as i havn't yet seen this reported about the TK41.

Otherwise i'm happy with the light and it's build quality.

cheers

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
Ok, finally got round to taking some pics...

This one is a shot of the emitter, and tbh, it looks a lot better centred than some I've seen on here..

73lagh.jpg

This is a crop from the above pic...

2md002q.jpg

Here's it on "lowest" power...

28irx9k.jpg

And again, cropped from the above...

2j2b4a0.jpg

Looks like I got lucky, so this is a "keeper"

Mike

recDNA

Flashaholic
Re: So tell us what you think about your TK41

I like the lithiums because they are the lightest.

RCantor

Enlightened

My TK41 is just fine. Tint is cooler than a 4750K light I have but still looks white. I've not had switch problems. There's not enough spill for me so when walking in the forest I use a headlamp or carry a smaller light in the same hand pointed down.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I would buy a tm41 in a second if they had the same tint as the tk40 I sold. I'm not sure a dealer would take it back if it has a green tint. I hate green. Cool white is fine with me by the slightest green makes.me wretch.

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened

I like the lithiums because they are the lightest.

And the most expensive LOL...

I swear by my Sanyo Eneloops - Got 30 of the blighters now!

Mike

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
I would buy a tm41 in a second if they had the same tint as the tk40 I sold. I'm not sure a dealer would take it back if it has a green tint. I hate green. Cool white is fine with me by the slightest green makes.me wretch.

Not sure where you are, but in the UK, if you buy it online/mail order, you have the right to return it for any reason and get a full refund under the Distance Selling Regulations..

Mike