Can I fix my maglite?

mmedeiros14

Newly Enlightened
I have an old 5 D cell maglite my uncle have me before he passed away. The plastic piece under the bulb holder cracked and broke a few days ago, I believe it's part of the switch mechanism. I can't get the mechanism out of the flashlight and I haven't found much info on how to do it. The serial no. Is 50020760 and it says patent pending on the other side if that helps. This light has a lot of sentimental value so if anyone can help me repair it I would greatly appreciate it.

Norm

Retired Administrator
The switch sits up against a cir clip have you removed the clip? you also need to loosen a hex grub screw that is reached by removing the switch cover to reveal a hole in the switch for your hex wrench.

Maglite D-cell Switch Remove/Replace Procedure

14745248439_3a09eca730_n.jpg
14745265500_b790d89300_n.jpg

Norm

Last edited:

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Ok coming from a person that doesn't mod these I can say that yes it is fixable I have the same light with the same problem right now just don't care to fix it really. It takes either an Allen or torx driver in the switch to remove the assembly. Youll have to lift the rubber boot/switch cover the is a hole in the center sorry i dont lnow the size off the top of my head. Ask someone here who knows everything about mags or search here or on google something like "how to remove/replace mag switch. That should help sorry I can't be more specific mags aren't really my hobby just thought I'd try to help you.

sorry my post is redundant I sent it late had to fix my son haha

Last edited:

mmedeiros14

Newly Enlightened
There's no circlip in mine but I did manage to get the switch out by unscrewing a little plate that was threaded into the body of the light. Anyone know where to get a replacement? I appreciate the input.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Maglite spare parts.. You might do better searching yourself as the search will give you different results depending on your location.

Norm

Last edited: