Can you buy E2 bodies from Surefire?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i think people won't answer unless you reveal your secret project
grin.gif

i don't know, but i guess i would try dropping them an e-mail.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I have the model numbers from another member, maybe these can help locate the part you want. A few Surefire distributors have told me they can order anything that exists.

Flashlight Model E2
Bezel Assembly 13749
Body 13748
O-Ring, Bezel Side 19-01-052
O-Ring, Rear Side 19-01-084
Rear Cap Assembly 13668
Push Button Assy 13669
Belt Clip 13666
Lamp Assembly (25lu) MN02
Lamp Assembly (65lu) MN03

AFAIK: you might need the O-rings, and the suffix for the finishes are HA, BK, and GM. There may be an SG finish.

Darkaway

Enlightened
I E-mailed Surefire asking if I could buy an E1 body. Within 24 hrs. I received not one but two responses (from two different people; one was borderline rude) both gave me a definitive NO.

I wanted to convert my E2 into an E1/KL1. I did not mention that in my E-mail, but they probably assumed something similar. They would much rather sell you another complete flashlight at a higher profit.

logical

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Darkaway:
.............. They would much rather sell you another complete flashlight at a higher profit.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well..it is a business.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF will sell "repair replacement parts" to distributors. Bodies are not viewed as the type of part that breaks often.

As I now have in hand or on order 4 Turboheads plus stand-alone M2 and C2 bezels along with individually ordered clickie tailcap, no-button waterproof tailcap with lanyard clip, and a 3P tailcap from a body that has been converted to a rechargeable project light connector for a TH with N62, I was clearly short 3 bodies. I've already bought and received one D3 body from LPS and have two more on backorder placed before the Feb 1 price increases.

LPS told me that SF will accept a limited number of "replacement body" orders from distributors even though they aren't likely to sell direct to individual users. LPS told me that SF has been much more restrictive on selling stand-alone bodies since they introduced the KLx's.

bigcozy

Enlightened
Thanks for the help gents, looks like it may be hard to get a body only. The UBH does have promise but I can get almost a complete light for those prices.

Not much of an exciting project, I am coming in late to the world of mods.

axolotls

Enlightened
I sold an everything sans an E2 body once. But everyone here was chastising me for doing it since I stated that Surefire wouldn't sell me the body looks like I am redeemed)...
icon3.gif

Good Luck. (I know there are knock-offs somewhere... if worse comes to worse)