Can you see laser beam/dot through laser glasses?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of those air rifles are almost as loud as a Subsonic. Once a projectile breaks about 1200fps it is going to make a good crack. Not to mention the air charge being released.

Of course you can muffle it some. However I suggest checking your local laws for that.
Pest elimination is legal 24/7 in my state. Can't say for the OP. Another technique to quiet an air rifle is to move to a heavier pellet until you no longer hear the crack. With the Gamo Viper Air Shotgun, you have only one choice for the shot load. I don't recommend solid pellets due to down range hazard if you're launching them in the air. Same with the laser. Downrange hazard. I understand there is a massive rimfire shortage in the US and I won't go into that. However, you have always been able to get airgun ammo all day for next to nothing.

Shot smaller than about #6 when fired upwards loses almost all meaningful energy by the time it comes back down to earth. Won't retain enough to matter.

SemiMan

Banned
Thank you! It's something I became curious about lately. If I end up getting a laser someday, I'll definately get the glasses too, assuming they don't cost too much. I mainly wanted to get it to scare away nuisance birds near my house, but started thinking that seeing where the dot strikes leaves and branches on the trees could hurt my eyes.

Blinding an animal is a very cruel way of dealing with a nuisance animal. Not cool at all.

Using a far less bright light source that flashes would be just as effective.

You are worried about the reflection off leaves and branches damaging your eyes, but completely okay with shining that into a birds eyes leaving it essentially crippled but not dead ..... give that some thought.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blinding an animal is a very cruel way of dealing with a nuisance animal. Not cool at all.

Using a far less bright light source that flashes would be just as effective.

You are worried about the reflection off leaves and branches damaging your eyes, but completely okay with shining that into a birds eyes leaving it essentially crippled but not dead ..... give that some thought.
We agree, sir. Well put.

Toddmanning420

Newly Enlightened
Thank you! It's something I became curious about lately. If I end up getting a laser someday, I'll definately get the glasses too, assuming they don't cost too much. I mainly wanted to get it to scare away nuisance birds near my house, but started thinking that seeing where the dot strikes leaves and branches on the trees could hurt my eyes.
Contrary to what others have said, a green laser is excellent to repel birds, especially geese. They view it as a predator and will not adapt to it.

Latest posts