Candelabra base, A15 LED bulb recommendations?

Jason1977

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any recommendations for a Candelabra base, A15 LED light bulb? I currently have 40W incandescents in there right now but I'd like to replace them with LED lights. Also because the 40W don't seem to provide enough light into the room, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a 60W equiv. or better.

Thanks for the help!

Jason

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have not seen an equivalent on the shelves around here at least.

I could also use a bunch of these, as they're the only incans left in my house.

:)

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the hardest part with an equal output LED bulb is heat. The whole bulb itself is smaller than the heatsink in a 60 watt equivalent LED bulb. We just can't cool the chip(s) enough in a package that small without removing all the driver to an exterior location. I have seen LED chandeliers with mock candelabra bulbs but the whole bulb base was a heatsink and all the driver circuitry was inside the lamps mounting case. It looked beautiful but no way I was paying +$500 for a light I could build. Lol

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I think the hardest part with an equal output LED bulb is heat. The whole bulb itself is smaller than the heatsink in a 60 watt equivalent LED bulb. We just can't cool the chip(s) enough in a package that small without removing all the driver to an exterior location. I have seen LED chandeliers with mock candelabra bulbs but the whole bulb base was a heatsink and all the driver circuitry was inside the lamps mounting case. It looked beautiful but no way I was paying +$500 for a light I could build. Lol

Yeah, I've seen up to ~ 185 lumens or so in this size, but, would want at least 400 -800 L.

:D