• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Candidates for White1 & White2 (W1 &W2)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, when driven at 5-5.5 amps, the White Flat should put out about 15-20% more lumens, so it should throw more than the Black Flat.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the D1S is still the best thrower for its size on the market, but it just looks ugly (to me.) The awkward step downs from head to heat sink to battery tube make it look unbalanced, whereas the GT Mini has a more elegant curvature. If the D1S was offered with a 26650 or 21700 tube, I think it would look better, not to mention higher capacity.

The Catapult V6 is another light that I think looks great and is also a monster for its size, but its reflector is too shallow for the White Flat 1mm, but I'm very curious as to what it can do with the White Flat 2mm.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the manker u22vn the same size as well? That one had the best numbers with the black flat.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have tested W1 and Oslon Black in several applications. I have not find W1 any brighter than Oslon Flat Black yet. May be its a bit more efficient and thus a tiny bit brighter and similar drives but as far as max drive goes I have not yet seen an instant where W1 is brighter than Oslon yet. I will do more regulated current test before I conclude.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should be good for 900-950 lumens driven at 5.5amps

Here is Djozz's testing over at BLF:

ufbXlZV.jpg

Assuming 50 lumen loss from reflector and lens, a well driven white flat should output about 850 lumens, while black flat about 750.

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree. Right now I am more excited to see 7 W2 in a 21700 Fireflies E07!!!
Gosh darn it. I was hesitant to buy the stock light. I wanted to wait for a vn version but when I checked that you didn't put w1 or w2 in the rot66vn, I just figured these type of optics weren't the right match for the white flats. So I just went ahead and purchased the stock version. I'll see if the flat whites have a big advantage over my xpl hi. It's not the first time I have multiple s of the same light hehe

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Gosh darn it. I was hesitant to buy the stock light. I wanted to wait for a vn version but when I checked that you didn't put w1 or w2 in the rot66vn, I just figured these type of optics weren't the right match for the white flats. So I just went ahead and purchased the stock version. I'll see if the flat whites have a big advantage over my xpl hi. It's not the first time I have multiple s of the same light hehe

Awww :p

I ordered 10 E07 to try too LOL

Sun Boy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Candidates for Oslon White

What would be your choice of thrower light with Huge Hot Spot in an 18650 or 26650 which can be run at max output for a reasonable time without heat issues?

Would the Thrunite CAT6 be the best option? Other choices?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Candidates for Oslon White

What would be your choice of thrower light with Huge Hot Spot in an 18650 or 26650 which can be run at max output for a reasonable time without heat issues?

Would the Thrunite CAT6 be the best option? Other choices?

Email me ;-)