Can't....stop...buying....lights....

foxtrot29

Enlightened
:paypal: for a Nitecore Defender Infinity. I know this light is old news, but I didn't have one... and, uh, I wanted it. Damnit... Tell me it's a nice light... (I know it is... just make me feel better that I threw down another $74)

<sigh>

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
Me?

Can't...stop...buying...guns...

Your addiction is way cheaper than mine.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Me?

That makes me feel a little better... I have only two guns, and one of them I don't own. :) The one I do own is quite old -- Remington Nylon 66, 14shot .22LR!

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want it to stop then just tell you're wife how much the addiction is costing you. :crackup:
That ought to stop it. :scowl:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
If you really want it to stop then just tell you're wife how much the addiction is costing you. :crackup:

She knows... and she hears about the lights I buy.... well, 90% of them anyway... lol

CampingLED

Enlightened
Makes me think of my flashlights, camera lenses, fishing rods & reels. If you have many, nobody notices a new one. :scowl: :sssh:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on your purchase of the NDI.

It's an evolution. You start at phase 1, when you're researching like mad to get the best lights for your needs.

Once you get a nice collection, you move to phase 2, where you start to decide how you want your light collection to continue to grow.

I'm at phase 2, where I got rid of some shelf queens, and have several lights that I dearly love and use very much. Thanks to the NiteCore D10, I think I'll be content for quite some time.

I think I finally have the perfect light for me, and it'll be a long time before another light comes along to dethrone it. I'm also still playing with the LF5XT, but I have a feeling I'll be selling it on B/S/T before too long.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I said I wasn't going to buy another light for the rest of the year but now jetbeam came to mess things up with new models, I just have to have the ultra.

AlexGT

arty

Enlightened
Try counting how many lights you have. That may help. Everyntime you go to buy another one, count the ones you have first.
If this does not work, then try to ration the purchases - say 1 per month.
Pretend they are firearms.
If that doesn't work - you are doomed.

BobDeLaLuz

Newly Enlightened

If that doesn't work then keep collecting until the intervention then plead helplessness. :)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try counting how many lights you have. That may help. Everyntime you go to buy another one, count the ones you have first.
If this does not work, then try to ration the purchases - say 1 per month.
Pretend they are firearms.
If that doesn't work - you are doomed.

2 lasers, 53 flashlights, and plans for more. I'm doomed.

Good thing I stopped buying guns in the 90's.

Edit: Just re-counted... it's 55 flashlights.

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes me think of my flashlights, camera lenses, fishing rods & reels. If you have many, nobody notices a new one. :scowl: :sssh:

Right no Camping bro.

You guys ain't got shi* on us. My camera body ALONE is $5000

:(

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me?

I had an addiction to AR15's for a while. And you can acce$$orize them easier than a ladies purse. Needless to say, it blew the toy budget rather quickly. Lights are a lot cheaper.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know, I'm kinda a stout fella so I'll need to whip out the really wide angle :)

Here are a few shots though and you guys will probably enjoy the muddin' or wraslin' pics the most

http://georgepics.com/

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Congrats on your purchase of the NDI.

It's an evolution. You start at phase 1, when you're researching like mad to get the best lights for your needs.

Once you get a nice collection, you move to phase 2, where you start to decide how you want your light collection to continue to grow.

I'm at phase 2, where I got rid of some shelf queens, and have several lights that I dearly love and use very much. Thanks to the NiteCore D10, I think I'll be content for quite some time.

I think I finally have the perfect light for me, and it'll be a long time before another light comes along to dethrone it. I'm also still playing with the LF5XT, but I have a feeling I'll be selling it on B/S/T before too long.

Got a D10 on the way too... lol... I don't really have any shelf queens. They all see some use... It started for me with buying some of the cheapy ebay lights with the newer cree led's, which were impressive, but now I find I'm giving some of those away to make room for more expensive, better quality lights.

Latest posts