• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Carrier Rants

rngwn

Newly Enlightened
As a shipper, USPS really took the cake here.

The airmail sent from Thailand took 3 days to reach U.S. but took other 4-6 days to get to the customers (not even counting the time it spent in the customs). As a bonus, the postman even forgot to do the delivery scan. wtf :thumbsdow

The honorary mentions goes to Russian post. My package to Russia will land at Moscow, but will sent on airplane to the customs in Kazansky and back. Just...why? :rolleyes:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Latest UPS/Fedex delivery???

i have a 100 frozen mice coming id love if they showed up today

pilo7448

Enlightened

My fiasco... Ordered a car part that was supposed to be "signature apon delivery".. 2 weeks later the UPS tracking says its delivered to "dock".. Well since I don't have s dock at my house I'm assuming it was attempted to be delivered but got taken back to the warehouse (no door knocker mind you).. Well I wait for a few days and nothing.. No re-attempt to deliver.. Nothing. So now I try customer service at UPS.. lmao.. That's the biggest joke ever.. You don't get anyone, just an automated voice telling me it's been "delivered".. Now what?.. I ended up stopping an actual UPS truck on another street and explain to him and he gives me a number to a Supervisor (I'm propably not supposed to have judjing by her reaction when I called) lol. After a long conversation she tells me that the package was mis-labeled by them and sent to an Amazon trailer and to just wait and it should be delivered by Amazon, we'll 2 more weeks and several phonecalls and still nothing.. Smh.. So I put in a claim and wait another 2 weeks and still nothing on ups's end and now they won't answer their phones.. Absolutely the worst customer service I've ever had.. I ended up filing a claim with PayPal and they got my money back.. *Whew*...

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Back around 1996 they delivered my bmx bike at around 9:30pm one Friday.
It was a Hoffman and it led to a few more visits to the orthopedist.

My favorite though was during the blizzard of 96 my first pair ever of gore tex lined boots from Cabellas showed up one afternoon despite there being a blanket of about 3 feet of snow and ice covering Virginia. I drove a snow plow and my feet constantly stayed wet from walking in 6" of melted snow each time I'd get out of the truck, walk to the front end loader and reload it. Next shift my feet stayed warm and toasty from that point on. I still have them matter of fact.

The Hoffman too.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast

In my experience, UPS and FedEx are actually pretty good. The worst have been Ontrack and DHL. Ontrack has delivered packages to a puddle behind my mailbox at the end of the driveway in the rain, on a rock at the end of the driveway, and balanced on a sawhorse under a bee infested tree right across the driveway from our covered porch (the logical place to leave a package). I have family that worked at the Ramona airport that told me Ontrack would leave tens of thousands of dollars worth of parts behind the fence or throw them over the fence. The worst was DHL which would throw packages upstairs at the door as hard as they could instead of walking upstairs to knock. Sometimes it's better to pay the extra for FedEx or UPS to get your package delivered intact.

LEDphile

Enlightened
In my experience, UPS and FedEx are actually pretty good. The worst have been Ontrack and DHL.
Haven't seen too much package destruction from any of the carriers, but did have an incident with DHL where they were incapable of delivering to a commercial address during business hours (we gave them ~2 days to try, and then sent someone to the depot to pick up the package).

Last edited by a moderator:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Back around 1996 they delivered my bmx bike at around 9:30pm one Friday.
It was a Hoffman and it led to a few more visits to the orthopedist.

My favorite though was during the blizzard of 96 my first pair ever of gore tex lined boots from Cabellas showed up one afternoon despite there being a blanket of about 3 feet of snow and ice covering Virginia. I drove a snow plow and my feet constantly stayed wet from walking in 6" of melted snow each time I'd get out of the truck, walk to the front end loader and reload it. Next shift my feet stayed warm and toasty from that point on. I still have them matter of fact.

The Hoffman too.

That is funny. I mail ordered a pair if 10 1/2 Meindl's from Cabela's back around 1995 when I was in high school. I wore them until I couldn't put them on anymore they were so nice. I wear size 12's these days.