Cars, Man

Monocrom

Flashaholic
id love a hatch big enough to sleep in .im a small guy so i can fit most places .
KIA Soul with the rear seats folded down. Tall roof-line. But a good friend of mine absolutely swears by his. Avoid the turbo-charged model. Base model might be ideal in terms of not too many gizmos as standard in the car.

chip100t

Enlightened
id love a hatch big enough to sleep in .im a small guy so i can fit most places .
I have always liked estate cars, I think you call them station wagons. BMW and Volvos especially. My car an old nissan SUV had 7 seats when I bought it. I took out the rear row and the middle row are folded up tight against the back of the front seats for maximum boot space, with just the two front seats in use.

Lots of people are buying panel vans these days and converting them themselves as camper vans are so expensive to buy.

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
I have always liked estate cars, I think you call them station wagons. BMW and Volvos especially. My car an old nissan SUV had 7 seats when I bought it. I took out the rear row and the middle row are folded up tight against the back of the front seats for maximum boot space, with just the two front seats in use.

Lots of people are buying panel vans these days and converting them themselves as camper vans are so expensive to buy.

How many pairs of boots do you need to transport?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

If you open the boot on a 911 in the UK, you'll see a flat6

... little room for even socks in there hehehe

1657333827751.png

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
What country is that 4S license plate from? I like the crossed flags, half way to race finish (;
Changing plugs in a Porche takes patience, skill, and professional assortment of sockets and flexible extensions

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a 992, so when I open the boot, I can't see a darn thing except 2 caps for liquid refills.

Cars ( or trucks) don't need to be expensive to enjoy. Well I guess expensive is a fluid term. Mini 3dr and Toyota Gr86's are great cars for the price point.
May not have the same 0-60, or top end of some of my other toys, but the bang for the buck is far greater with those 2.
I do drive mine year round, winter tyres go on in the fall and unless the snow is too deep, I will be driving it.

Attachments

• IMG_5965.jpg
    IMG_5965.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 25

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people now use the term, "frunk" for a front trunk, but I have not seen froot or fronnet especially in the U.S.

A series of car thieves forced my hand last year, totalling my 94 Integra. A VW Golf GTI was available, quite different but so far, acceptable.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Cars ( or trucks) don't need to be expensive to enjoy. Well I guess expensive is a fluid term. Mini 3dr and Toyota Gr86's are great cars for the price point.
May not have the same 0-60, or top end of some of my other toys, but the bang for the buck is far greater with those 2.
I do drive mine year round, winter tyres go on in the fall and unless the snow is too deep, I will be driving it.
I had a 66 mustang with a straight 6, automatic tranny, no power nothing, that would go 0-60 eventually but man that car was fun to drive out in the country side.
While people in America pay top dollar for the more powerful versions that little bucket of bolts can be bought for not much money if you can still find one.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our neighbour has one in his garage. Very nice car and he's looking at selling it, so I may take a look at it. My wife's great aunt had one she bought new and had promised to my wife, but of course a conman managed to talk her into selling it for next to nothing

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Been working the Graveyard shift at the client's site for 10 years now. Every single morning my commute takes me past a decent 2-story home on the corner with a completely rusted out balcony. Ground level, always the weird Infiniti I guess it's technically an SUV. Couple of other modern-day vehicles parked next to it. In the same spot as always though is a vintage Mustang Fastback that needs a lot of tender loving care. It's in horrendous shape! It would literally look appropriate in a junkyard! Not even exaggerating. In the 10 years I drive past it on a daily basis, the owner has replaced the grill. That is literally it!

I honestly hope that someone sees it one day from that little-used side road, leaves a note on it offering to buy it, and restores it to its glory days. Honestly, it's a damn shame the condition it's in. Hasn't moved from that spot in literally a decade.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had similar situation.. Down the street from my daily route I drove by a '73 Mach 1.. Two tone, Baby Blue/Black, It sat under eucalyptus trees covered with a old torn up canvas tarp. I could make out the Stang silhouette it had the rear spoiler and stock wheels, i knew exactly what it was.. So, I stopped one day on a Saturday, knocked on door to ask about it. Turns out the car belonged to women. A bitter women who got her husbands car in a divorce. I didn't have to ask about details.. She told me the car will sit and rot until hell freezes over.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
My oldest brother (rip) had a buddy who owned a white Shelby GT350 that sat in his yard for decades. No cover or anything. He refused to sell it to anybody for the longest time until one day a guy showed up with a stack of $100 bils about 6" high. He sold it to that guy on the spot.

Now shortly before my first marriage ended I had bought a 66 Mustang coupe with a hi-po 289, factory ac and a bunch of other goodies. After it began to sit a lot I sold it to a woman who said she had one just like it but had sold it when she got pregnant. She said her divorce had just finalized so she wanted her car back but bought mine since hers was long gone. Last I heard she had crashed it and sold it for parts. I'd never want that one back but would not mind another stripped down one like the first one I had. It was so easy to work on and had very few things that break. It had 1 vacuum hose. One.

Last edited:

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
A friend of mine rents a storage shed for his business. Every time he'd go there he observed a car covered by a tarp. The car hadn't moved for a decade. Finally, one day, he saw the owner and struck up a conversation. When the man declined to sell my friend the car, assuring him he was one day going to find the money to restore the car, my friend told him - "You know if you took it to a local restoration shop and offered to pay them the same amount you've been paying to park it here, it would probably be finished by now.

The next week the car was gone.

chip100t

Enlightened
We did not have muscle cars in the uk.
But 45 years ago when I was a little boy my mum drove one of these. The one pictured is not hers, but it could be . It was identical, same colour and everything.

To me it was just the best car in the world with the long doors and even longer bonnet, complete with bulge. I could not have loved it more if it was a Ferrari.

My mum was a single mum and my brother and sisters were much older so i spent a lot of time riding shotgun with my mum behind the wheel.
9C8C6FE5-5BA2-4580-BF7A-0F3E11EA57E2.jpeg

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were a few Ford Capri in my area. I remember a fella had a 70's modified Capri race car he hauled on a trailer to Autocross meets. It was a perfect size car for that.