CAUTION !! Misleading budget battery and lumen claims

wus

I'm looking for a replacement for a 6 cell Sub-C NiMH pack in a handheld vacuum cleaner. The original is stamped with 7.2 Volt 1300mAh (the whole was really cheap). Now I see such packs offered with up to 7 Ah - this seems pretty unbelievable to me.

How much can I currently expect - realistically! - from a good 6 cell Sub-C assembly?

uk_caver

I'm looking for a replacement for a 6 cell Sub-C NiMH pack in a handheld vacuum cleaner. The original is stamped with 7.2 Volt 1300mAh (the whole was really cheap). Now I see such packs offered with up to 7 Ah - this seems pretty unbelievable to me.

How much can I currently expect - realistically! - from a good 6 cell Sub-C assembly?
Looking at the place I often buy cells from, their Sub-C packs range from a quoted 2200mAh to 5000mAh, and checking out a few other honest-looking vendors, it seems 4500-5000mAh is around the top end of honest capacities, so I'd guess that anything significantly over 5Ah may be being 'optimistically' rated.

kreisl

NCR18650B is made in Japan
PVC sleeve made in China
PCB ?? - Made in Germany?
Top button?

All those cells are assembled in China, and nothing wrong with it.
Are we strictly talking lithium-ion cells?

Anyway, the laser pointer of my Bugasalt 2.0 didn't work anymore, so i opened up the battery compartment and was surprised to see some Panasonic AAA inside ;) . The batteries had leaked. I am substituting NiMH AAA, cr*ppy chinese ones, let's see if they still work.

panasonictpk7b.jpg

Last edited:

mr.snakeman

Just read this thread and thought I`d see what EBay has to offer today. Several sellers offering yellow label 9800mAh 18650 Ultrafires and many other "brands" also offering many fantasy mAhs in a variety of battery sizes; for example: 2500mAh in a 16340. The list just goes on! What a mess! Caveat emptor!!!

Last edited: