CC-Maxpedition Bailout Bag?

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
I have the original CC bag, and I like it.
The Maxpedition improvements make sense, but I haven't seen one to compare.

drchow

Newly Enlightened
For $60, It's seriously overpriced, I would be willing to pay $40.

Improvements aren't that cost justifyable, You can get 3 county comm bags almost for the price of one Maxpedition improved Bailout Bag.

Deanster

Enlightened
My opinion exactly - the only problem with the prior bag was that it wasn't super well made, but I can't really justify the current 3x cost spread between the two bags. Maxpedition stuff is excellent, and I'm sure it's a great bag, but as an exact replica of the CountyComm bag, it's not so special.

Now, if Maxpedition really 'made it their own', and put sheaths, holders, pouches and attachment points all over it, so it was kind of a 'SuperFatBoy' or perhaps more of an H10 - like the biggest H1 you'd ever seen... I'd be all over that.

sotyakr

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
drchow said:[/b

Improvements aren't that cost justifyable, You can get 3 county comm bags almost for the price of one Maxpedition improved Bailout Bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was all set to order one from CC's CPF specials page, but it looks like I waited too long as it is no longer listed at the sale price. Oh well.

drchow

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I looked, it appears they removed the link on that one.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Flashlightboy said:
Looks interesting. Anyone have one or played with it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll post a review in a week or so. I purchased one the other night and just got the shipping notice. Going by the pictures, I prefer the Max version. For the price, the CC version is great, however I'm not into all that velcro. My hope is the Max version fills that void. We'll know shortly.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
TIN,

Now that's stepping up to the plate!

I'm going to be in the 'hood (where CC is at) and if you're review gives this two thumbs up I may stop by and get one. I'm also lookin at the CID case.

I ran into Tom of CC who confirmed that the CID is a CC exclusive but he showed me one and it looks great. Maybe I'll get one of those too.

jtice

Flashaholic
Id be VERY interested in your opinion TIN,

I have a Proteus, and Fatboy, and LOVE them
Id liek to have a sholder bag larger than my Fatboy.

-John

nonbox

Banned
I agree. There are too many good bags in the $60 price range. Original CC bag is not on sale and it is selling for $40.

There is a CC webpage with lower prices for CPF members. Is CC willing to offer CPF members a groupbuy price?

Here is the link to the MAXPEDITION NUCLEUS BAIL OUT BAG:

http://www.countycomm.com/maxpeditionbailoutbag.htm

jtice

Flashaholic
I might be in for a group buy also.

It looks like you cant really fit a maglight in that bottom side posket anymore, its now a full length zipped pocket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Cant wait to hear more about these.

Deanster

Enlightened
I actually thought that removing the maglight pocket was one of the best features - Adding a full-sized Maglight made the thing awful heavy, kinda lopsided, and prone to tipping over. Nothing BUT a Maglight would fit well there - so it was somewhat useless space for me (ended up folding three bandannas flat, and using it as a bandanna holder).

nonbox

Banned
Are the 3 outside pockets held close by velcro?

I wonder if any body from cc is reading this thread. I wonder if they would do a groupbuy or lower price for CPF members.

Slonie

Newly Enlightened
I picked one of these up the other day and it is quite nice. Compared to the original, it seems to be a lot beefier. The actual interior volume isn't all that huge, which sort of makes me wish for something like the MultiPurposeBag...It doesn't comfortably hold my clipboard/notebook/binder, which is what I sort of bought it for, but it does hold a regular 1" binder easily. The external pockets hold a lot as well, and are all closed by velcro except for the zippered pockets on the back (The long one on mine is now filled with zipties). The strap is just like the newer Fatboy, with padding and all. The hidden pocket is still there...

I didn't spend much time looking at the original, but, like I said, the one-word description is beefier.

nonbox

Banned
Maxpedition Multi Purpose Bag is definitely a better bag but it is $99. I have never seen it cheaper. I would be interested in a groupbuy on a Maxpedition MPB. Does any one know a dealer/retailer that will do a CPF groupbuy?

Here's pics:

http://us.st3.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/botach_1813_55561167

http://store1.yimg.com/I/botach_1758_1109791

http://store1.yimg.com/I/botach_1758_1345435

Specs:

The MAXPEDITION MPB is a straightforward, professional multi-purpose briefcase with 30L of space and 22 independent carrying compartments. Inside you will find removable stiff panels for separating your gear and for attaching any accessories equipped with velcro.

Inner Dimensions: 14" x 11" x 6" (main compartment) Capacity: 1830 cu. in / 30 liters

jtice

Flashaholic
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting that !
I have never seen that, I want that instead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
Thats exactly what I am looking for!

-John

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit OT, but I see they have a new version of the Fatboy, the "S" type. They put an attachment point where the cell phone holder is along with making it left hand friendly. That cell phone pocket is my biggest complaint with the regular bag.

HERE is the link.

Carry On.

Latest posts