Cell Phone Cases....................

Splitrail

Newly Enlightened
I need a case for an Apple iPhone 13 Pro.
I want something that is that is minimal in profile, somewhat grippy on the edges, and will accept a screen saver (preferably of the same manufacturer, but that's not necessarily essential).
It doesn't need to be super-waterproof.
I've searched a million of them on the internet, but am left wondering if there's anything you folks might recommend.
So far, it's narrowed down to.....
Otterbox Symmetry
https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone-13-pro/symmetry-series-clear-case/77-83491.html#sz=98&start=1
Lifeproof See
Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro
I'd appreciate any feedback on these and any others that you may think would be suitable.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used the Otterbox Simmetry on my Samsung S10: it is low profile and pretty lightweigth. The tradeoff is less protection from impact.

If you are willing to go for more bulk, check the Commuter cases if they still make them. They are in-between the Symmetry and the Defender cases.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a case for an Apple iPhone 15 Pro...
Clearly you are planning for the distant future.

I initially purchased the Otterbox Symmetry with the iPhone 13, thinking that it came with a belt clip. (I asked the salesperson) but ended up ordering a Defender online from Otterbox. Each of us has to decide how much protection/how slim it needs to be. Note that the Defender blue case gets a little smeared in the corners with black from the clip case.

Some believe that primarily the corners need protection from falls but that was not the case with my Samsung S9, I think because the screen on the sides are curved, and got a crack mid screen on the edge.

Splitrail

Newly Enlightened
Clearly you are planning for the distant future.

I initially purchased the Otterbox Symmetry with the iPhone 13, thinking that it came with a belt clip. (I asked the salesperson) but ended up ordering a Defender online from Otterbox. Each of us has to decide how much protection/how slim it needs to be. Note that the Defender blue case gets a little smeared in the corners with black from the clip case.

Some believe that primarily the corners need protection from falls but that was not the case with my Samsung S9, I think because the screen on the sides are curved, and got a crack mid screen on the edge.
.....................meant 13 Pro, corrected it, thanks!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having a work-issued Apple MacBook from 2015, an iPad Pro from 2017, and a still functioning iPad 2 (2011) it is convincing that this iPhone will last. Paying for a wireless charger was worth it, but the Defender case is thick and requires careful placement to work with the MagSafe.

Check out Mous cases and the YouTube videos of people test dropping/throwing/abusing phones with these cases on. They are low profile and offer great protection. I've used Mous cases for my last two phones, customer support and warranty are top notch. I had one split at a seam because I took it off too often and spray it down with alcohol after every shift (I work in healthcare and the alcohol wore down the plastic). They replaced it with no questions asked and let me choose a new color for the case. I have a glass screen protector from Amazon (generic 3 pack deal) and it's fully compatible and allows for MagSafe charging.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've used all kinds of drop protect cases and most work fairly well. But those glass screen protectors? Everyone I have ever had cracked. The old soft Zagg protector was great.

Now for my work phone a LifeProof provides a soft crack-free screen cover that does not interfere with the touch screen. It's drop protection is good and best of all it's water tight ear area means no more ruined iPhone from talking on the phone while sweating in the outdoor heat.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the otterbox defender. It protects the phone, is .5 inches thick, provides excellent grip and does not slip, and has a plastic holster. Difficult to charge without wires but I have done it. The Mous is the other option - not nearly as protective but probably charges without wires much easier. If I were to carry it in the breast pocket of a suit I would probably go with the Tumi folio, no magnet closure.

nbp

Flashaholic
I have used several UAG (Urban Armor Gear) cases for iPhones and iPads with great success. Even got my dad on them after he obliterated a Lifeproof case and he cant kill them.