Celluar phone photography-boon or bane?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
The issue with that one was probably aperature size was smaller (larger number) so the light it let in during the preset shutter speed was reduced. Therefore it likely cranked up ISO to the point noise became an issue.

I remember those early "Pixel" phones having way better cameras than other Androids and Apples. I wanted one of those when my HTC comitted suicide but they were selling faster than folks could stock them. My son was a beta tester for google at the time and they kept him stocked with the latest models each time one was developed. He no longer participates with them.
i have a decent canon r6 2 and some decent lenses but im trully so afraid iill drop it. bought it when i sold home and only used it in the following weeks . now it gathers dust

bykfixer

Flashaholic
i have a decent canon r6 2 and some decent lenses but im trully so afraid iill drop it. bought it when i sold home and only used it in the following weeks . now it gathers dust
Nice camera. 12 fps with flash?!?!? 😱 Amazing!

I use a wrist strap on my big cameras so I won't drop it.

For those not familiar with the R6 MK II
My favorite Nikon reviewer calls it "the world's best".

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Nice camera. 12 fps with flash?!?!? 😱 Amazing!

I use a wrist strap on my big cameras so I won't drop it.

For those not familiar with the R6 MK II
My favorite Nikon reviewer calls it "the world's best".
i got a mind blowing dealing on it at best buy lol .they tried to not even sell it to me. i had to talk to manager .im a deal lover lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i took this pic before i bought it so they could not deny me it came with nice lenses lol. i bought dumb stuff when home sold lol

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 36

raggie33

*the raggedier*
here u can see i dont know how to use it lol....ill try to find my other pics there on a sd card god knows where lived in hotels for a while lol

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 31

Poppy

Flashaholic
ps another benefit of cell phones is you dont loose pics there in the cloud lol i lost them dslr pics lol
Plus one to that!
My Dad took many photos. A couple of years ago he started going through them and throwing them out. We had a fit!

His response was... "What?... are YOU going to keep ALL of THEM?!"

A few years ago I bought a Epson Fast Foto 680W photo scanner to scan MY photos, so that I can toss them. I have about 6 of those 2' x 2' x 3' plastic boxes with lids filled with envelopes of photos. They haven't been opened in 20 years, but I'll be darned if I'll part with them.

A couple of days ago, I got together with my sister, installed the software for the scanner, and we scanned an overstuffed shoe box of photos that my dad decided to keep. We tossed about 20% of them, and scanned the rest. It took us 4.5 hours. But every penny I spent on that high speed scanner was worth it.

I put them on a digital hard drive, and copied them to two different scan disks, and I'll talk to my daughter about putting them up in the cloud.

997 files. Talk about a trip down memory lane. whew

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Has a strap still scary id sold it already if selling stuff online wasn't so scary . Next time I go to the city may bring it to sell . Was a dumb thing to buy . A smart man would of put the money in bank

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plus one to that!
My Dad took many photos. A couple of years ago he started going through them and throwing them out. We had a fit!
Been there, done that, years ago. Also had all Dad's videos digitized.

Last edited:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO one of the biggest pluses for cell phones is hi-def video. Back in the early 90's I used this rig handheld to video my daughter performing in public venues (nightclubs, shows etc.). Cell phones make video sooo much easier now, although I still use my bridgecam (viewfinder, dedicated zoom, etc.) for serious video work.
1701972680655.png

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plus one to that!

A few years ago I bought a Epson Fast Foto 680W photo scanner to scan MY photos, so that I can toss them. I have about 6 of those 2' x 2' x 3' plastic boxes with lids filled with envelopes of photos. They haven't been opened in 20 years, but I'll be darned if I'll part with them.

A couple of days ago, I got together with my sister, installed the software for the scanner, and we scanned an overstuffed shoe box of photos that my dad decided to keep. We tossed about 20% of them, and scanned the rest. It took us 4.5 hours. But every penny I spent on that high speed scanner was worth it.

I put them on a digital hard drive, and copied them to two different scan disks, and I'll talk to my daughter about putting them up in the cloud.

I still like prints. If we get hit with an EMP or Coronal Mass Discharge, and all the digital equipment gets wiped out, then you still have the prints.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMHO one of the biggest pluses for cell phones is hi-def video. Back in the early 90's I used this rig handheld to video my daughter performing in public venues (nightclubs, shows etc.). Cell phones make video sooo much easier now, although I still use my bridgecam (viewfinder, dedicated zoom, etc.) for serious video work.
View attachment 53819
My first camcorder was a digital tape type. Digital tape? Huh? It still had to be rewound and all that but the machine was so small compared to the VHS kind my brother loaned me at times.

By todays standards it's still huge but at the time it sure was nice. Screen grabs at a whopping 1.2 megapixels too. The SD card ones were even smaller but I was already riding the celcam band wagon.

I like my celphone camera thank ya.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I still like prints. If we get hit with an EMP or Coronal Mass Discharge, and all the digital equipment gets wiped out, then you still have the prints.
That's a chance I am willing to take.

If we have such devastation, I think I will have bigger problems than the loss of photos that I haven't looked at in 20 years. I'd like to reclaim 75 to 80 cubic feet of storage.