Ceramic Kitchen Knife

P

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
We have a relative in Japan that sent us Kyocera Ceramic knives over a decade ago...well before they started even showing up here in the US. We've been using ours for a long time (we have multiple sets) and they are phenomenal...nice and sharp, very slick (not much sticks to them), very rugged, very sharp, and they are much cleaner. Each Kyocera knife was very expensive so I was surprised to see some ceramic knives showing up lately for so cheap...$15-$25...and for good reason, they are horrible.

Please don't get cheap ceramics and Kyocera ceramics confused...there is a huge difference. In fact, I'm surprised at some of the misconceptions. THEY ARE NOT FRAGILE...ceramics are an incredibly hard substance and hold a great edge. The type of ceramic used in these knives is engineered differently and is very strong.

Kyocera knives are worth every penny and can do anything a steel knife can and are NOT FRAGILE. IMHO, ceramic knives need a lot less maintenance. In all our years of usage, we've never needed to sharpen it and we've only had one chip.I can't speak for any other cheap ceramic knife but our family has had real life usage/experience with Kyocera for over 10 years and I can't say enough good things about these knives.

Last edited: