Changes...

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone... this week will see some changes to CPF.

First... I am in the process of selling CPF and it should be complete within a few days. The reins have already been turned over to the new owner and he is currently gathering everything he needs to move forward. He will be switching software but has assured me he wants to maintain the "look" of CPF. I have checked out the new platform and I have to say I like it. I think you all will too once you get used to it.

Second... There may be some downtime while everything is happening. It shouldn't be long and as always you can check in with the CPF FaceBook page for any updates.

Third... I will still be around to help out with the transition and so will the other moderators and administrators.

Finally... CPF has been a part of my life for 20 years and has been my baby for almost 17 years. I have made some amazing friends here and met some of the most interesting people in the world. I'm not saying good bye. I will still be here. But I do want to thank you all for your patience and support throughout the years. It has meant a lot to me. I have had several opportunities to sell CPF but have never taken them because the perspective buyers have not answered my questions about their intentions the way I wanted them to. This buyer did. He has a true interest in the overall topic of this forum and really likes the community. He plans to maintain the overall feel of CPF and I hope you all will welcome him and support him as much as you have me.

Thank you all again for everything! :grouphug:

Our new Owner/Administrator should be checking in soon. His name is Chris and his username here is Jelly. :)

Last edited:

Beamhead

I don't like this, not one bit, not at all............. :p
Thank you Greta for your years of service and wit, I hope you can enjoy the free time you have earned in health and happiness :D. So Kelly for Jelly? :thinking: :grin2:

badtziscool

CPF Supporter
Wow! Changes indeed! I hope all for the better. In any case, it's been an awesome experience being a member of CPF during your reign, Greta. And I mean that wholeheartedly. Best wishes to you and your future endeavors!

bigburly912

I finally decide to come back from my break and see this. Thanks for the help over the years and keeping a bit of sanity here. I hope you enjoy the forum from our side!

richbuff

CPF Supporter
Supporter
Thank you, Greta, for this amazing community! This forum got me started on exciting flashlights, which are things that have really helped me find happiness in this age. And the people too!
I know that you are a great person, the only thing I don’t know about you is what kind of flashlights do you like?

Thank you for being picky about the new owner wanting to keep things moving forward. I wish you all happiness for the future!

Poppy

CPF Supporter
Greta,
I guess it is time to move on.
I hope this move brings you peace, and that whichever new hobby you embrace brings you much happiness.

Ecclesiastes 3
English Standard Version

A Time for Everything
1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

Poppy

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Poppy. Yes, it is time. I turned 59 years old this year and realized there are things I still need to do in this life. I went on a 15 mile/9 hour kayak trip Friday night for the Full Moon. My boat got flipped, I lost my phone to the depths of the Great Colorado River, every muscle in my body was screaming and I had the best time EVER! :D Yup... I still got things I need to do... and it is time. The Powers That Be must have known this and sent Chris.

OH! And I'm headed to Vegas tomorrow to see my daughter for the first time in over two years! :party: It is WAY passed time!

carrot

Thank you Poppy. Yes, it is time. I turned 59 years old this year and realized there are things I still need to do in this life. I went on a 15 mile/9 hour kayak trip Friday night for the Full Moon. My boat got flipped, I lost my phone to the depths of the Great Colorado River, every muscle in my body was screaming and I had the best time EVER! :D Yup... I still got things I need to do... and it is time. The Powers That Be must have known this and sent Chris.

OH! And I'm headed to Vegas tomorrow to see my daughter for the first time in over two years! :party: It is WAY passed time!

That sounds like the best trip ever. I'm glad you are taking time for yourself away from here.

I hope the change of ownership is smooth. I plan to stick around.

DrafterDan

CPF Supporter
Thank you, fellow desert-dweller, for all the work you've put in over the decades (!). I'll still post here and enjoy the site

troutpool

CPF Supporter
Thank you, thank you, Greta, for all the work you have done running CPF, and especially for the tone and atmosphere you have maintained here. All the best to you in the future. Please be sure to put those red shoes on from time to time.