Changes...

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I’ve been here since the beginning when David first started this whole crazy place. I was originally member #123 which was ironic as CR123 cells were just starting to become mainstream.

Greta/Sasha, ;) you were a trip! A bowdy broad who spoke your mind but at times you could also be a *****. You were entertaining nonetheless. My main complaint was just like a woman you felt the need to constantly change formats here like women need to rearrange furniture.

Boy, remember when Surefire had such a huge presence here and nowhere else and Paul Kim would give us previews of his remarkable products? You would go to his presentations with other early members and report back with the inside dope.

I don’t peruse here much anymore and also other sites that I joined 20+ years ago because the internet has become such a different place than it was back then. But detractors aside, you did keep CPF alive to where it is today and I say, “hats off” to you girl and good luck to whatever is in your future. Oh yeah, quit rearranging furniture!

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
CPF Supporter
Congratulations Greta, welcome Jelly.

I haven't been on in quite some time but started getting daily digest e-mails and figured I'd come back and see what was up.
Glad you are back, and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Thank you Greta for providing a home for all of us flashaholics over the years!

And another welcome to Jelly!

Empath

Administrator,
Staff member
Supporter
Your contributions to the growth and significance of CPF is worth noting too, Size15's.

It's good to see you here.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Thank you Sasha for keeping this place going for so long. After an absence of a few years I was glad to still see it was still viable.

And a big welcome to Jelly!

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Greta,

Just wanted to echo all the well-deserved, heart-felt sentiments already said and express my great appreciation for providing us all with such an amazing support network for this fantastic hobby. We could never repay what you have provided to all of us.

As the saying goes - "One thing that is constant is change!". Enjoy!

Best Regards,
Tim

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wishing you the best, Greta (but still kinda think of you as Sasha...). CPF has been a very special community and it has changed a lot of lives. Thank you for all of your work and energy over the years, and for taking the care to ensure that a new owner will be a worthy custodian for the legacy.

Welcome, Jelly!!

Now, where do I find the guy munching popcorn smiley?

Nimitz68

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Thank you and congratulations to Greta! Welcome to Jelly! Looking forward to the coming changes.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
I want to take a moment to thank you all for your kind words and well wishes. It means a lot to me - truly 🥰 It has been an honor and very much a pleasure (well not always:sneaky:) getting to know many of you and to give you all this unique community to hang out in. Labor of love does not even begin to describe it.

That being said - CPF has been a part of my life for 20 years. I have notebooks and post-its all over the place full of logins and passwords and code and "how to" and URL's and IP numbers and bookmarks of help sites... not to mention literally thousands of archived emails from supporter subscriptions (yes, I've kept every single one of them!) and communications with some of you and all of the manufacturers and dealers.

Today I started going through it all. And it's funny but I can't bring myself to get rid of any of it - not yet. (My husband actually called me a hoarder when I told him I was going to just put everything together in a drawer! o_O) I know I'm not going to need any of that stuff anymore. But it is all such a big part of my life... that now isn't. And then when I saw that the CPF logo had been changed... well...😭

CPF isn't mine anymore. And I'm a little lost right now - and sad. I know I did the right thing for me and for all of you. But it still hurts today. I know I will find something else to put my passion, love and efforts into. But for today - I miss my CPF 😞

Thank you all... with all my heart 💖

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
And then when I saw that the CPF logo had been changed... well...😭
o_O Bring back the Butt Bullet!!!!!!!!!! :p

Greta, I have seen/read your passion for life and many, many other interests over the years and I firmly believe you will get through this and move on to get great photos of electrical storms, enjoy your dogs, whip around in your slingshot, kayak in 4 inches of water, enjoy your family and loved ones all in the "freakin desert" etc......etc. You will still remain an active member yes? Smile because you should. :)

scout24

Staff member
Greta- I've been here for almost 13 years. About 5 years ago, you took a chance and asked if I'd like to be a moderator here. Who, me? A nobody flashaholic? Who was apprehensive the first time I posted in the McGizmo subforum, seeing all the long time members who knew so much more than I did? I've always appreciated and respected that trust, and have felt that I'm walking in the footprints of those who made CPF what it became. I've tried to live up to the standards set by you and the other staff here. It's been a home away from home for many years, and a constant in an ever changing world. Keep those notebooks and emails, there's history there. You were instrumental in cultivating one of the largest repositories of information and history relating to a hobby out there, and CPF has cultivated untold friendships over the years. CPF misses you as well, and we wish you the very best going forward. This probably should have been a PM, but here it is... 😊 Be well, and enjoy the next chapter...

Ishango

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Thanks Greta for all the work that went into keeping this place running. I joined in 2010, three years after I found out I had missed out on the LED innovations the years before and after three years actually started looking for more info on everything about lights. This place was and is a huge repository of knowledge about lights. Thanks for that!