Changes...

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I want to take a moment to thank you all for your kind words and well wishes. It means a lot to me - truly 🥰 It has been an honor and very much a pleasure (well not always:sneaky:) getting to know many of you and to give you all this unique community to hang out in. Labor of love does not even begin to describe it.

That being said - CPF has been a part of my life for 20 years. I have notebooks and post-its all over the place full of logins and passwords and code and "how to" and URL's and IP numbers and bookmarks of help sites... not to mention literally thousands of archived emails from supporter subscriptions (yes, I've kept every single one of them!) and communications with some of you and all of the manufacturers and dealers.

Today I started going through it all. And it's funny but I can't bring myself to get rid of any of it - not yet. (My husband actually called me a hoarder when I told him I was going to just put everything together in a drawer! o_O) I know I'm not going to need any of that stuff anymore. But it is all such a big part of my life... that now isn't. And then when I saw that the CPF logo had been changed... well...😭

CPF isn't mine anymore. And I'm a little lost right now - and sad. I know I did the right thing for me and for all of you. But it still hurts today. I know I will find something else to put my passion, love and efforts into. But for today - I miss my CPF 😞

Thank you all... with all my heart 💖
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance

We are sad and a little lost to see you go.
Soon we hope to learn that you have found your new life makes you happy.

Alone In The Dark

Newly Enlightened
As usual I am behind on my current events...

I wanted to take a moment to thank you, Greta. You may not have done it single-handedly, but certainly more than any other you are responsible for making this amazing community what it is today. I sincerely hope that you will remain active on the forum, and I wish you all the best as you embark on your new adventures.

electromage

Enlightened
Thank you Greta!

I was pretty surprised to log in after taking a break to find the new software/logo, had to triple check it hadn't been hijacked or something. I really appreciate the work you've put in over the past 20 years, about how long I've been around, I know I lurked for a while before joining.

CPF has been a pillar of the flashlight community, it seems many smaller forums have come and gone, review sites, but we can always come back here for probably the biggest repository of knowledge and guidance. I hope it stays that way.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Greta for all the year and work you put into this forum! I even got to meet you and your hubby in Vegas (SHOT) many years ago. I was with DATA at the show. Can't remember what year that was.

Enjoy your free time and the next chapter in your life. I'm not on here very much anymore, as I've got WAY too many expensive hobbies. Take care of yourself and maybe we will cross paths again one day.

Mike