Changing Armytek 'Tactical' UI to 2x brightness levels

spyderco monkey

Hi Armytek,

With the current 'Tactical' UI found on the Predator, Barracuda, and others, Tactical Mode is: Head tightened = programable light ; Head loosened = Strobe.

The things is, in 2019 almost no one is using strobe anymore.

A far more useful 'Tactical' interface would be a simple 2 brightness level selection. Ie Head tightened = 1200Lumens ; Head Loosened = 370 Lumens, which would work beautifully as a 2 mode weapon light. Or Head tightened = 370 lumens; Head Loosened = 28 lumens, which would work great as an EDC light. Etc.

And for the occasional Strobe fans, make strobe one of those programable options.

It's a pretty simple update, and it would hugely increase the utility of tactical mode.

For example, I would love to have a Predator as a weapon light set to Head tightened = Turbo; Head Loosened = 370lm. Turbo would be used for using the weapon outdoors, while the head loosened mode would be better for indoor work, or when battery conservation is important.

I suspect the option of a 2 mode rifle light would be very popular.

spyderco monkey

Hi Armytek,

With the current 'Tactical' UI found on the Predator, Barracuda, and others, Tactical Mode is: Head tightened = programable light ; Head loosened = Strobe.

The things is, in 2019 almost no one is using strobe anymore.

A far more useful 'Tactical' interface would be a simple 2 brightness level selection. Ie Head tightened = 1200Lumens ; Head Loosened = 370 Lumens, which would work beautifully as a 2 mode weapon light. Or Head tightened = 370 lumens; Head Loosened = 28 lumens, which would work great as an EDC light. Etc.

And for the occasional Strobe fans, make strobe one of those programable options.

It's a pretty simple update, and it would hugely increase the utility of tactical mode.

For example, I would love to have a Predator as a weapon light set to Head tightened = Turbo; Head Loosened = 370lm. Turbo would be used for using the weapon outdoors, while the head loosened mode would be better for indoor work, or when battery conservation is important.

I suspect the option of a 2 mode rifle light would be very popular.

To add a bit more info, my proposed Armytek update would be very similar to the old Foursevens Tactical Mode, which was extremely handy and awesome:

An update of the Armytek UI would be a huge boost for these lights as EDC/Tactical lights.