Changing modes on Solarforce L2 (can't...do...it)

R.ticle One

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I'd be laughing at me, too, but I cannot figure out how to change the modes on my Solarforce L2. I have the L2B Q5 18650. Is this one not multimode? I remember being told by SolarforceStore to "half touch the tailcap".

Mmm, I've tried half pushing the button (it's the sort that lets the light tailstand), and twist the tailcap and hold the button pushed in from the off to on position and turned the light's head...but either I'm missing something incredibly obvious :thinking:, or this isn't a multimode light. (Module says "Q5" - maybe I got one thinking it was multi but it's not). What the dilly yo?

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Press the tailcap until it clicks on.

While the light is on, press the tailcap a bit - the light should go out. Release the tailcap and you should be in the next mode.

If it didn't change modes, you have a single mode light.

Yours tailstands? Oh boy....Here's some reading for ya.

When did you buy it?

Last edited:

R.ticle One

Newly Enlightened
Nope. Nothin'. I guess I have a single mode. And I remember how someone told me to not knock the multimode before I tried it, and I said I just want a light that goes on and off. That was then, and now looking forward to trying multiple modes, I can't.

That'll learn me. :p

Thanks

Edit: The light was ordered on Friday, June the 26th, 2009. When you say "oh boy", do you mean like "oh boy, that's a good thing"? It's just the flat tailcap, and the button is recessed enough for the light to stand up. Yours doesn't tailstand?

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a multi-mode, wait until jake25 (solarforcelights.com) gets the Solarforce 3-mode (no blinky crap) drop-ins on his site.

R.ticle One

Newly Enlightened
If you want a multi-mode, wait until jake25 (solarforcelights.com) gets the Solarforce 3-mode (no blinky crap) drop-ins on his site.

Sounds good! I swore I'd only try a Malkoff for a drop in, but heck - this could be interesting. Cheers

boomhauer

Banned
Clicking the light off and on within a couple seconds will also switches modes. Just an idea. But it sounds like you have a single mode light.

I was hoping that my new (it arrived sometime in early June from solarforcestore) multi-mode L2 would have the tailstanding cap, but alas... Actually no big deal - it's still a very useful torch.

Edit: having just read Black Rose's post about the fake solarforcestore's tailcaps, I feel fortunate to have received, what I believe to be, a genuine Solarforce L2. They shouldn't have been messing with the brand. In any case, I'm very happy with the light. I was wondering why Solarforce lights had practically disappeared from that site.

I'd also be more inclined to try the fast off-on method to try and switch modes, since the non-Solarforce tailcap may behave differently than the original.

Last edited:

R.ticle One

Newly Enlightened
Fake Solarforce? I have not seen that thread - so wait - I could own a fake Solarforce, from Solarforcestore.com? Or just a fake tailcap?

At the time I got the light, they had lots of Solarforce lights on the site, but now, none. What the heck is goin' on?

(About the on/off - I've tried all speeds of clicking, up to where it looked like a strobe light going off, but no change in modes).

Edit: sorry, just saw your post, you must have gotten in a second before I posted this. Hmm. I hope the rest of my light is a genuine Solarforce light!

Last edited: