Charger for an 18650

Dingo07

Newly Enlightened
Comparing with PB2, the PB2S has USB-C, QC3.0+PD3.0 fast charging; Great compatibility with unprotected 18650 18700 20700 21700 and protected 18650 batteries. :)
I have an XTAR VP2 that just quit on me. What should I replace it with? I only charge 18650's but don't want a USB charger - I want to plug it into the wall like the VP2 does. Is there something better than the X2?
Also, is there a lifetime warranty on my VP2?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
I have an XTAR VP2 that just quit on me. What should I replace it with? I only charge 18650's but don't want a USB charger - I want to plug it into the wall like the VP2 does. Is there something better than the X2?
Hi there, sorry that the VP2 charger is discontinued. And the battery charger is with 24 months warranty. You can check more here: https://www.xtar.cc/intro/Warranty-process-16.html
For your requirements, the X2 may be the most suitable one.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll use my two VPs until they die or the displays dim out (as I've heard some do). Yeah, they're no longer in production, but that doesn't mean you can't get another one if you don't find a suitable replacement. EDIT: My issue with the X2 is lack of LFP support.

Last edited:

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
This will be your only 18650 light? Then why get a charger at all. Look into an 18650 that has a built in charger. You plug in a micro usb cord and the battery will charge. I have a few of these and they work great. The only issue you could potentially run into is that built in charger ads a little to the length, so it may not fit. I cannot speak to the zebralights as I never went down that path.

But if you still want a charger, then I like the "universal magnetic usb charger" by Olight.

Last edited:
Reactions: hsa