Charger that measures mah

chip100t

Newly Enlightened
I have several batteries that are nearly 5 years old so wanted to purchase a charger that would charge then discharge fully while keeping count of the mah it had discharged. I did a little research and ordered a skyrc mc3000 as it was well regarded. I have since read that protected 21700 batteries will not fit in the skyrc charger so have emailed the seller hoping to cancel my order before he posts.

does anyone know of a charger that I can accurately use to monitor the capacity of my older cells that will accept protected 21700 batteries.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an Imax b6 or something similar. A hobby charger. You can get them pretty cheap. Need to make your own cradle. I use a plastic vice-type clamp and some 14AWG for low resistance. Can accommodate any battery size. I even charged my F Type, which is a D cell diameter that is twice as long. Can do basically any chemistry too

Olumin

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
My vapcell s4 plus can take protected 21700. You can charge the cell fully and then discharge. The charger will discharge to about 2.6v while measuring capacity. Can do Li-Ion and NiMh/NiCD. Also takes flattops. Slide switch to select between automatic and manual current selection.

chip100t

Newly Enlightened
I use an Imax b6 or something similar. A hobby charger. You can get them pretty cheap. Need to make your own cradle. I use a plastic vice-type clamp and some 14AWG for low resistance. Can accommodate any battery size. I even charged my F Type, which is a D cell diameter that is twice as long. Can do basically any chemistry too
Thanks for the reply but I know very little about batteries and am exactly who dumb chargers were invented for.

chip100t

Newly Enlightened
My vapcell s4 plus can take protected 21700. You can charge the cell fully and then discharge. The charger will discharge to about 2.6v while measuring capacity. Can do Li-Ion and NiMh/NiCD. Also takes flattops. Slide switch to select between automatic and manual current selection.
Thanks, I have ordered a vapcell s4 plus.
I just hope the seller of the skyrc charger reads his email before posting the mc3000.
I already own a couple of old duracell chargers, an expensive Panasonic charger, a fenix ARE-A4 and now the soon to arrive vapsell. If he posts the skyrc and I have to return it I will lose the £10 I paid for postage and what ever it will cost to return it.

chip100t

Newly Enlightened
I received my vapcell charger today and it works a treat. I did a capacity test on the four year old olight 3500 mah 18650 battery from my m2r warrior and it still tested at 3233 mah. So thank you for your recommendation.