China sentences former food and drugs chief to death

R

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as the execution, while I am not saddened by this particular one, I am a firm believer that far too many criminal prosecutions in the US are politically motivated. Prosecution has become a career stepping stone, instead of the value to society it could be.

If you liked that execution, you'll probably love this execution. Death sentence over China slave scandal: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070717113257.my1lxqh2&show_article=1

Notice how the lower-level guys got capital punishment or a life sentence, while the Communist Party officials enabling the slavery operations got only "warnings."

Sub_Umbra

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always found it interesting that out of China's 1.3 billion population only 60 million are members of the CP. That's probably part of why the CCP's so twitchy about 100 million Falun Gong practitioners...

Last edited:
R

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always found it interesting that out of China's 1.3 billion population only 60 million are members of the CP. That's probably part of why the CCP's so twitchy about 100 million Falun Gong practitioners...

The Communist Parties of Russia and China really do (or did in the case of Russia) function much like Organized Crime Families.

They are corrupt to the very core, and they tend toward total cynicism about human motivations.

They probably view the Falun Gong as just another Organized Crime Family trying to horn in on the Communist Party's very profitable operations in China.

Differing factions of the various Communist Parties always struggle for control. In the process they will rat each other out, sell each other out, send old friends off to the gulag, and kill each other when they deem it necessary.

It's been toned down since the days of Stalin and Beria with their periodic Terrors and Purges, and the days of Mao with his Cultural Revolution and Great Leaps Forward that murdered and starved to death millions of Chinese.

Communists toned things down to make totalitarianism safer for the Communist elites, not out of any concern for the general populace.