Christmas Gifts XI! (enter here)

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I started the donation thread so late, I thought it would be good to start the entry thread at the same time, so we can get the lights out in time for xmas!

This is year 11 for the Christmas Give-away .. I've got the santa hat this year, thank you, ksbman for running 7 years of giveaways! The format and rules will basically be the same, thank you for letting me use the text!

This thread is for entering the giveaway, just post in the thread asking to be in!

I asked other CPF members to donate a light (or whatever) that they are not using, and we've gotten a pretty positive response this year as usual :)

Friday, (oops, had saturday written) December 6, I will post, in random order, the names of those whom ask to be considered in this thread. Those people will then be able to choose a donated light, one at a time, starting from the top of the list. (added some extra time for donations)

This offer is open to those participating members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, are still in school, or ?.

PLEASE do not ask to be considered just because you do not want to spend your own money. Let someone who truly is in need have a chance to get a light.

I won't mention what lights are available until December 6 ;).

RULES- Don't take a light just because it is free. If you have no use for what is available when it is your turn to choose, leave it for the next person. Please be considerate.
This offer is open to those participating members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, are still in school, or ?.

- If your 'About Me' profile isn't filled out, you don't qualify.
- If you have received a gift from the last 3 Christmas Give-aways, then you don't qualify.
- If you have more than one 'high end' light, you don't qualify.
- If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify.
- If you just want another light to add to your collection, you don't qualify.
- If you signed up for CPF just to join the giveaway, you don't qualify . If you signed up after 11/1/13, I'm afraid you can't participate! (exceptions can be made)

The two new rules are:

- All was ask of the participants is for them to provide some perspective (this can be done in private in a PM if need be)
- If you entered and received from past giveaways, be truthful. How much were the lights worth, what's going on with them now, and why do you feel you deserve one this year?

The first person on the list picks which light he wants and posts his choice. The second person then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on.

Once we get to the bottom of the list there will still be a lot of lights left over. We'll just run the list again, this time in reverse order, starting from the bottom and working up until all the lights are gone.

I will update the list to reflect what's been chosen already, but you don't have to wait on me. Just read the post ahead of yours and choose accordingly.

The process will take a few days because I won't notify you when it's your turn. You'll just have to check the thread to see when you're up. In the past, the people on the list below a slowpoke will PM/e-mail that person, several times.

On the first run of the list, if it's been your turn for two days and you haven't chose yet, you will be skipped over. On the second (or more) run, you have one day to choose before you are skipped over. If you have been skipped, you can choose whenever you do show back up.

After you've chosen a light, send an e-mail or PM with your address to the person who donated the light and we'll mail your light to you.

The economy hasn't been the greatest this year either.. a heartfelt, "thank you!" to all the donators for sparing what they have to make others happy.

1. Streamlight MicroStream LED Pen Light, generously donated by Tobrien
2. Xeno E03 XM-L, Warm white, latest revision with hidden modes, generously donated by Tobrien
3. Zebralight H502, NIB, generously donated by StylisticGambit
4. 4Sevens Quark X Tactical, Neutral White (used to be an 2xAA, body now is a 1xCR123A), generously donated by tjswarbrick (conus+canada+mexico)
5. Surefire L4 (classic, with batteries), generously donated by Monocrom
6. Inova T2 (older, straight version, with batteries), generously donated by Monocrom
7. Solarforce L2P 2011 version HAIII Black w/flat bezel ring and flat tail-cap (can tail-stand) *recipient specify choice of triple 219 w/optics, XP-G2 mule, XM-L2 mule* (Won't be doing reflector models as they require working centering tool) 4.2v 3.08a driver L-M-H, generously donated by Tiresius (2 week lead time, USA)
8. Xeno E03 (choice of color), NIB, generously donated by 880arm
9. FourSevens Preon P0, NIB, generously donated by 880arm
10. Icon Modus 2AA, NIB, generously donated by Greenlight
11. Zebralight SC52 + Nitecore i2 charger + 2 14500s and 2 AA Eneloops, generously donated by thedoc007
12. Nitecore i2 charger + 2 Fenix ARB-L2 2600 mAh 18650 + 8 Edison Bright CR123A, generously donated by thedoc007 (addon package! for someone who chooses an 18650 light without batteries)
13. Nitecore TM26 + 4 Nitecore 2600 mAh 18650, generously donated by thedoc007
14. Mac's Customs copper Tri-EDC w/ XTAR VP-1 charger and 2 AW IMR 18350 batteries, generously donated by ksbman (GAW Founder!)
15. Door #2 (what's behind it? ;) ), generously donated by kelmo
16. Jetbeam BC40, generously donated by apache blue
16. $75 Certificate to Illumination Supply
17. $75 Certificate to Illumination Supply
18. $75 Certificate to Illumination Supply
19. $75 Certificate to Illumination Supply

20. Streamlight Protac 1L (older version before programmable came out, 110 lumen on high, 6 on low.), generously donated by Retinator
21. Jetbeam BC25 + 4x123s in a Solarforce Battery holder, generously donated by HSG
22. Solarforce host + macs 3 xpg2 drop in a solarforce (edit), donated anonymously (usa please)
23. HF-R Red 2 mode, generously donated by the_guy_with_no_name
24. HF-R Red 2 mode, generously donated by the_guy_with_no_name
25. HF-R Red 2 mode, generously donated by the_guy_with_no_name
26. HF-R Black 2 mode, generously donated by the_guy_with_no_name
27. HF-R Black 2 mode, generously donated by the_guy_with_no_name
28. HF-R Black 2 mode, generously donated by the_guy_with_no_name

Here we go!
of5QBZ

PM me if I've missed you!

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
I am a student at ... and if it is alright with the moderator of this thread, I'd like to join.

I currently have only light and although it is a good one, it is regularly on loan to various members of my family.

It would be wonderful to have a backup for night-time carry around campus. I'm not trying to build a collection or anything, just looking for a good user/backup light. I can promise it will be put to good use.

Thank you to everyone for making this possible and to Csshih for running it!

Last edited:

Nomad

Enlightened
Well...I have participated before, but am pretty sure I wasn't in all 3 previous giveaways. I did have some very nice lights...they were stolen when my car was stolen and totalled back in March. Nowadays I am a single father, I work two jobs, security and driving a taxi. A good light is a very important too. Right now I still have an o-light, supplemented by freebie lights from harbor freight. I really could use the light.

Oh yeah...this holiday season is really tough because I caught my landlady robbing the guest house I had been renting. She got away with it so far although we have a court hearing on Tuesday and another on Wednesday. Wish me luck!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...I have participated before, but am pretty sure I wasn't in all 3 previous giveaways. I did have some very nice lights...they were stolen when my car was stolen and totalled back in March. Nowadays I am a single father, I work two jobs, security and driving a taxi. A good light is a very important too. Right now I still have an o-light, supplemented by freebie lights from harbor freight. I really could use the light.

Oh yeah...this holiday season is really tough because I caught my landlady robbing the guest house I had been renting. She got away with it so far although we have a court hearing on Tuesday and another on Wednesday. Wish me luck!

dang man, best of luck with the court proceedings

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Wow what a nice idea to help out some of the less fortunate members or thoses who's sitation rendors them not able to partake in this wonderful community / hobby because of current situations to now be a part of it.

Its a shame more forms dont sdo this, I am a member OM many forms and have yet to see this Amnywere else, I have given stuff away before to members on other forms but never like this.

You can be sure once I have a sizeable collection I'll be donating lights to this in the coming years.

While it would be awsome to receive a light, I certainly won't be asking to John as though I am not employed or well off I certainly know there's people on this fourm in a far worse position, not that I'd qualify anyewsays, I hope that those who receive a light trule apricate it and it won't be spoiled by people just trying to grab a free bee but I DONT think this will be am issue hopefullt due to the ruels in place.

I just want to say what a great ides this is!

And a merry Christmas to all!

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Yo guys. Great spirit again. I was a receiver I think 2 years ago for a quark x flashlight. That is about my only 'high powered' flashlight and my EDU (every day use) If possible, I'd like to be considered again this year. Thanks :)

Tiresius

Enlightened
Has Carling gotten his or her gift from last year? I recalled someone forgot to send it off last year. PM Sent for donating.

click here

Newly Enlightened
I've been a member here for a while but never noticed these giveaways. I don't know what types of lights people usually give away but I already have an EDC. If there was a headlamp or larger class light available I'd like to participate.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've been a member here for a while but never noticed these giveaways. I don't know what types of lights people usually give away but I already have an EDC. If there was a headlamp or larger class light available I'd like to participate.

Members donate all sorts of lights. Everything from the better single-AAA keychain models, to EDC lights of various configurations, to full-sized lights and even headlamps. The donations are like a pot-luck meal. Anything and everything could show up on the list of donated lights.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in!

As in the past list my gift as "What's behind Door #2!" i won't dissapoint!

csshih you rule!!!

phoneguy

Enlightened
I have been on both sides of the Christmas Giveaway's...donated for a couple of years. I received a light last year from TGWNN ( HF in copper!!). Supporting a wife and 2 kids on one income has been rough for the last few years. I would like to be considered if possible.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to ALL

Bryan

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I only have 1 flashlight (Preon P2) but I don't plan on keeping the light if I win one, my sister and her fiancée are expecting a baby girl within this coming week (hopefully she'll be born on my birthday, December 7th!). Dillon (my sister's fiancée) has recently sprung some interests in flashlights after seeing mine and hearing about all the research I do on lights. He works in highrises early in the morning when it's very dark and he has to walk to a far train station to get to work. I know that whatever flashlight he gets, he'll be really happy. I'm currently unemployed (thus not having money to buy flashlights) and would like to give one to him as a "congrats" present for becoming a father, and also since Christmas is just around the corner, as a Christmas present as well. I really appreciate being considered. Thanks a lot!

Merry Christmas :santa:

Edit: My sister gave birth this morning, I'm an uncle! :D:D:D

Last edited:

bigslick

Newly Enlightened
I think I would like to participate this year. I was lucky enough to be a participant in the 2009 and 2008 Christmas Gifts. In 2008, I received a Surefire G2, and in 2009, I received a Surefire 660 and a Spiderfire X-03.

In those times, I was a high school senior/college freshman, so the lights were a big help. I got alot of use out of them over the last 4 years. Sadly, the 660 and G2 were stolen along with my car near my college campus in December of last year.

I still have the X-03, in fact, I will attach a picture of it below because it's right next to me! It has many hours of use, and just started doing a weird flickering thing- which is actually what brought me back here in the first place. I was looking for a reliable budget light that hopefully can last me the next few years once again, though I have noticed flashlight technology has really been advancing so i'm not sure how that will work out :)

Anyways, in June I graduated from my college with an engineering degree and am now on the job search. Hopefully I have something soon and will be at a better position and maybe be on the other side of the list, but for now it would be great if I could participate for what will (hopefully!!) be the last time I ever need to.

11182440866_19643108cc.jpg

Nomad

Enlightened
Bigslick...seems like we both learned a lesson about leaving lights in cars. Mine was recovered but totalled...all my stuff was gone including my lights. Now I always use a "club" on the steering wheel since the cops seemed to think that is a deterrent with already cruddy cars like mine.

ico

Enlightened
Has Carling gotten his or her gift from last year? I recalled someone forgot to send it off last year. PM Sent for donating.

By his last post, I think he did not receive his. Not to be a buzzkill but I would just like to say that I too did not receive my gift last time. I was in the middle of the order so I got to pick 2. I still got my first choice though so that was still very good. What I receive can be treated as a jewelry too so I guess I did still actually got 2 gifts last time :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Bigslick...seems like we both learned a lesson about leaving lights in cars. Mine was recovered but totalled...all my stuff was gone including my lights. Now I always use a "club" on the steering wheel since the cops seemed to think that is a deterrent with already cruddy cars like mine.

The "Club" is a joke. Someone wants your car badly enough, they can just saw through one part of the steering wheel and pop the club right off.

mina

Newly Enlightened
Well, my luck hasn't changed over the year although I did get to "upgrade" my light to something that uses a Cree LED (the 3xAAA that it requires sucks though). I've joined last year's giveaway but the light unfortunately got lost in the mail so I'm hoping that I could be considered again this year.

Tiresius

Enlightened
By his last post, I think he did not receive his. Not to be a buzzkill but I would just like to say that I too did not receive my gift last time. I was in the middle of the order so I got to pick 2. I still got my first choice though so that was still very good. What I receive can be treated as a jewelry too so I guess I did still actually got 2 gifts last time :)

And I feel terrible for him or her. Carling only had one light to chose from and it never arrived >.>

Craig hasn't replied to my email about donating a light for this event :( I'm sure he's being bombarded around this time of the year from recipients who wants in on the giveaway.