Cleaning Flashlight Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dry-cell

Enlightened
Which 6" wooden cotton swabs (non sterile) are best for cleaning the threads of flashlights?. I'm looking for ones that don't easily shed and have cotton at both ends.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
havent used swabs as they tend to shed badly I clean threads with an old stiff bristle tooth brush dipped in standard rubbing alcohol. Then I re-lube them with O-Lube

Joe

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wipe them with a cloth while turning the flashlight. Sometimes the light must be turned several times. I avoid paper because it leaves lint. A brush would even be better. Good idea Throwjunkie!:thumbsup:

Dry-cell

Enlightened
I'm aware of the Grease and Lube Thread NotRegulated, I have the first page printed out, and have had it for awhile. I posted here because no one seems to help in that thread anymore. I need cotton swabs for tight spaces, like cleaning a tailcap for a 1xAA and 2xAA flashlights. I don't need them right away, but am trying to get ahold of some good ones now, before I need them.

I have two tubes of Nano-oil, 10Wt, 8cc.

Last edited:

ARA

Enlightened
I use alcohol swabs alongwith a dental pick for tailcaps. Makes reaching the tight spots quite easy.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quickie google search and I found these. Non-sterile, made from all wood dowels with very tight 100% cotton bud to minimize linting and prevent shredding. They only have cotton on one end though.Is this something like what you are thinking about?

I wonder what ElectronGuru uses to clean the threads of his products at Oveready.com. His products threads are always perfectly clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.