Cleaning green lasers

Cdawg

Newly Enlightened
k maybe this is just me, i recently bought a leadlight,or a green laser pointer, after a couple hours i notice when i shine it on the wall is looks kinda fuzzy like there a solid point in the middle but there a clean like fuzzieness around it.

i took the small cap peice off an i can see the point where the laser hits directly on the lense there looks like its been worn, or something. its kinda hard to explain, so..on glasses thats have the shiney stuff on them that looks like silver so you can see out but its hard to see in.

there seems to be a semi large dot like tha in the middle of the lense, it there a way to fix that,

if not answer ill have picture by tommorow, my camera is dead
Edit:
laserfocus.JPG

is that even a leadlight, i bought it from novophone
http://cgi.ebay.com/LEADLIGHT-GREEN...0QQihZ005QQcategoryZ94882QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

kdam36

Banned
could be a plastic lense thats been burnt but i think it takes a lot of power to do that so i could be wrong

Ashton

Enlightened
If it's a true pointer, then, no, there's no way it could have burned it's own lens.

Pointers are <5mw, at worst, <7mw

to melt even thin, dark, plastic, you need a 75mw laser. Sounds like a manufacturing/shipping problem. I'd contact the seller and ask for a replacement/refund (or, if it's REALLY bad and the seller says no, you might want to contest it with paypal, see if they'll give you a refund based on "significantly different" or "damaged")

Cdawg

Newly Enlightened
thanks i searched around on the site an found out cotton swab an alcohol, i didnt have alcohol so i used thebest windex i could fine, it works great now.

the main reason it messed up is cause i wasnt looking an put a chapstick cam instead of the real cap on it, an mussy chapstick got over the lense,
a couple qtips an a glases cleaner cloth an its back good again

SirSyko

Newly Enlightened
I burned my lens on my 150mw green laser. Theres a black dot on the lens now, and no beam goes through.

Timelord

Newly Enlightened
I've had a similar problem in the past as the AR (anti-reflective) coating got burnt on a laser in the past. The beam became very underpowered and noticable speckling around the point of light. I used some elbow grease to remove the rest of the AR coating and the laser was back to normal if not better.

Latest posts