*CLEARANCE* Ray-O-Vac IC-3 AA 2000 nimh @ Target

STEVENT6

Enlightened
Re: ** CLEARANCE ** Ray-O-Vac AA 2000 nimh @ Target

Also [in my area] they had the 15 minute charger that charges 2 batteries, (with 2 AA batteries for $9.97). Recently walmarts in my area had the 4 battery charger with 2 AA and 2AAA batteries for $17.00.

I've seen them and bought 3 packs, wasn't thinking should have bought more. Because their 2000mah and supposedly can take a fast charge 1000 times. I never really read anything bad about them on this site. I'll use them if I'm in a hurry and refrain from cooking my other batteries.

litho123

Enlightened

Having compared the Ray-O-Vac's to the Energizer 2100's, the ROV wins hands down based upon the improved light output I see from the Mag85 and Mag57.

I'll check out the Wally worlds for the ROV IC-3 chargers.

Thanks!

mrme

Enlightened

I saw the Rayovac 2 AA 15 min charges for $15 at Wal-Mart. But the cost per battery is just as good as the full price 4 AA battery charger (at Wal-Mart anyways).

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Litho, do you really see improved output with ray-o-vac IC's? I was thinking that they ouput better and seem to last longer in my VIP on high. They have an extreme charge rate, and usually that equates to good strong discharge rate. Will be interesting to see SilverFox's results.

Bill

litho123

Enlightened

Bill -

I definitely see improved light output. I'll still have to perform my way of timed testing (5 min. on/ 5 min. off) to see if they last longer than the Energizers before a recharge is needed.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: ** CLEARANCE ** Ray-O-Vac AA 2000 nimh @ Targ

SilverFox, re my Vanson, I have 9amp batteries from AmandoTech. Not sure if that name is correct, Amando something. They are pretty strong. Run and run. I probably should review my battery charging techniques, and keep better records.

Bill

Bill

Al

Enlightened

But ... why on "clearance"? Weren't selling, or something new coming out?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

My guess is the cells were slow movers on the store display. Too bad; the cells were decent and always rate at or above their stated capacity. If the cells can repeatedly withstand 15 minute "jolt" charges I would say they are very overbuilt. Charging the cells on a standard charger could mean the cells would last forever! And the cells worked better than other cells I got from different manufacturers.

The Rayovac web site still supports the IC3 system. That is offically. I've worked for places that offically support but were quietly unsupportive.

I'm going to Target today to buy more of the half price cells.

Edit: Here's a thought. Maybe Rayovac is coming out with 2500mAh cells. If a 2500mAh cell did arrive Rayovac couldn't promote a 15 minute charger. It would take 18.75 minutes to charge a 2500mAh cell.

litho123

Enlightened

I measured the voltages a couple of hours after coming off the same charger unit...

Energizer 2100's @ 1.38-1.39v range
ROV IC-3 2000's @ 1.41-1.42v range

I'll try charging the Energizers in the ROV IC-3 charger and see what reading I get...

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Rayovac cells are the same as RadShack except RadShack charges way too much money for the cells.

Zigzago

Enlightened

My local Target had them on clearance a couple weeks ago. Now they're all gone and there's no Rayovac rechargeables in sight - only Energizer. So I think they dropped the product line.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

Anyone out there seen the ROV 4 cell charger? My local Target had a bunch of the cells and the 2-up charger, but it's really not useful to me unless I can get the 4-up charger...

2dim

Enlightened

Would anyone be kind enough to buy then ship some [AAA and AA] to Orlando before Feb.16, for a certifed USD cheque/money order mailed from my bank in Canada? A friend will be flying there briefly and able to bring them to me here in Toronto. Please PM.