• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Clickie for the Aleph?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a search, and I read the FAQ, but I either entered the wrong search clues or didn't understand what it was telling me.

Is there a clickie for the Aleph?

Bill

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for one too. I just got an email from Don when I asked about a custom A3 order and Clicky
[ QUOTE ]
There is no such thing as a dual stage clickie so you are on your own with that one!

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard there was a thread on the subject though.

Can anyone make one?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, just had an idea. Does surefire make a dual stage clicky that fits an aleph body and can stand on end without the protruding button? (I don't know much about SF)

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, SF doesn't make 2 stage clickies.
The only 2 stage clickie I know of is the very first generation of modified krolls for the ArcLS by Gadgetlover.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Bill,

The Aleph series is SF E-series compatable, which means the Z-57 "clickie" should work as well as provide lockout capability. Your post didn't say "2-stage," and the Z57 isn't. The Z-57 is natural HA, but I think they have a black one also. (Z-58?)

Larry

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Larry!!

I remembered about the Surefire clickies after I posted, but still wondered if there was a McGizmo version!!

Guess not!

Bill

P.S. Still love my LarryLight!!!

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Larry! Any versions without the protruding button so it can stand on end?

Kind of odd that this item is so hard to find it at all findable. I'll browse the Surefire site for Eseries stuff. But I think I would miss some discontinued product that may work since I'm not up on SF lights.

Any help is appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS I would love my LarryLight too, if I had one.
raisebrow.gif

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks FlashlightOCD That would be great if it was possible to use the Z57 internals to make an FT or any Aleph Tailcap clickable. Has anyone else on CPF tried doing this?

Bill & Larry: The Black version of the Z57 looks like the Z61 on the Surefire site.

I noticed that the E2D Defender looks like it might have a clicky tail that can stand on end. Here is a quote from the surefire site;

"and law enforcement-style click-on/off momentary switching for blinding flashes or emergency signaling. A patented lock-out tailcap allows the light to be locked in the off position to eliminate accidental activation when stowed away."

Not sure if it is a clicky or if it fits the Aleph body. Anyone know?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I think I'm the only one who modified a Z57 to be two stage, I only made 4 of them, since I was working with basic hand tools at the time. The mod worked but was not good enough for my tastes.

The good folks at Surefire sent me a Z57 to replace the broken tailcap on my L1. When I called to report the error they said to keep the Z57 and they sent me the corrrect one. Since I have a spare tailcap and now that I have a lathe and mill, I might try it again.

Daniel

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there D! We missed you for lunch on Thursday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe we can work something out. PM sent.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
How would such a 2-stage clicky be operated? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

The E2D tailcap has a Clicky and stands on end and fits the Aleph ... and so does the black Z57, but of course this one won't stand on end.

Don modded an Aleph Cap with the innards of the Z57 for me, but the parts will fall out if opened and sometimes it is a bit unreliable ... so this is not the solution we are looking for.

bernie

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The 2-stage clicky I made was a simple design that was on low beam when partially unscrewed. That's when it would normally be in lock out. I did it for the L4, not an Aleph.

The stock Z57 does not tailstand unless the retaining ring that surrounds the ruuber button is replaced with a much taller ring. Getting one that matches the appearance is the hard part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know that McGizmo has made such a part. It's even seen one (prototype) that collapsed when you did not want the tailstand.

Daniel

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Keissling! I figured that E2D might fit. I've just never seen one.

Sounds like there has been some effort to R&D but it's very difficult to find details on this obsure yet desired tail. Let alone a custom chrome version.

The Z57 with a ring or E2D might be decent compromises to an actual Aleph FT or T or even McE2S.

Don said he'd get me a tail to mod if I wanted to try or have someone try to make it clicky.
dizzy.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
gadget_lover said:
I think I'm the only one who modified a Z57 to be two stage, I only made 4 of them, since I was working with basic hand tools at the time. The mod worked but was not good enough for my tastes.

The good folks at Surefire sent me a Z57 to replace the broken tailcap on my L1. When I called to report the error they said to keep the Z57 and they sent me the corrrect one. Since I have a spare tailcap and now that I have a lathe and mill, I might try it again.

Daniel

[/ QUOTE ]

YES PLEASE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Klaus

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
Don modded an Aleph Cap with the innards of the Z57 for me, but the parts will fall out if opened and sometimes it is a bit unreliable ... so this is not the solution we are looking for.
bernie

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did this for an A1xcr123 with a "standard" tailcap. I originally tried to "thread" it by using hand tools to cut a groove around the guts of a Z57 but that failed big time. Then I just cut the extra lip down so it goes in from the threaded end of the Aleph tailcap. If you trim it somewhat irregular in shape it will stay in the tail and not fall out. The only problem is that the rubber boot sticks up past the guard but I think I can fix that with plastic washers as spacers.

-LT