Close call- new clip is a good idea

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I posted there and didn´t get any response I´ll repost here too, Please guys share more info with me

Thnx

AlexGT

=====================================
Maybe I´m just closed minded but I don´t get the "how it works" of the drawing, Is it screwed at the end of the side you want facing up ? or does it have a ring that fits at the bezel or tailcap ? Could you share more input ?
I have a friend that has a machine shop and can do that type of work, and I should be getting the E2 next week so maybe I could try an do that and see how it comes out.

Brock

Flashaholic
I don't know what else to tell you, a picture is worth a thousand words. If you have a Surefire with a clip you can see how they are attached to the light. Basically you unscrew the bezel (head) of the light and the clip slides on/off. So this clip would just replace the existing clip.

dualclip.jpg

The existing clip does not fold back on itself the way this one does. The existing clip doesn't have the top part of the clip above, just the bottom part. The existing clip just ends on the right side, does that help?

Brock

Bucky

Enlightened
Even though I've seen that drawing of the new clip idea several times, for some reason I just realized that the clip can be used EITHER way. Than means that one clip can be used for either carry style. This clip should not only be an option for SureFire lights, it should be standard issue.

Kudos to GhostGroup (FineFive)for the design and the drawing
smile.gif
. What a great idea!

Bucky

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Right where the arrow "for bezel down carry" is you would slide over your pocket and the light would be inside the pocket with just the outermost part of the clip and the top of the tailcap being visible. Or you could carry it the original way by using the other side of the clip "for bezel up carry".

Hope that helps

It's a brilliant idea, I can't believe surefire didn't come up with this!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well, actually, SureFire is user led.
SureFire produce illumination tools to be used. The users' feedback is vital to the development and improvement of SureFire's products.

That's why they have a Discussion Forum.
That's why they have a Training Institute.
That's why they have people Field-Testing all over the World!

The E2 is a perfect example. The users asked for it, and it's here. Can we do the same with the E3?

The users asked for tougher, better protected Lamp Modules and the Millennium Series was created.

So, if you'd got an idea, post it in the SureFire Forum, and if there's support for it, maybe SureFire will consider it.

SureFire evolves to meet the demands and requirements of some of the toughest and intensive jobs in the World.

That's why I believe there are so many options with SureFire.

I hope this PocketClip will be an option soon!
grin.gif

Al

JoeyL

Enlightened
Hello!

I heartily agree about the bezel down clip
being an option. One very useful method of using the E1 is to clip it on the back of my gloves. To do this now requires a well placed cut in the leather. Clipping the wrist band would be a cleaner option.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
My God! How dumb I was!, can u believe I was looking at it as a solid object ? but when I read Brock´s reply it hit me, should have been seeing the outline ! Sorry for the stupid previous post guys, now I´m gonna try and machine it with a friend of mine.

Sorry again for that dumb question

Thnx

AlexGT

Sesoku

Newly Enlightened
I was just at Meijers doing some shopping and was taking off my coat when I noticed that my E2 wasn't clipped to my left pants pocket where it normally is. Needless to say I about had a heart attack since I had been at a few other stores and didn't remember the last time I had checked it. Luckily for me I found it. The clip had snagged an elastic drawstring on my coat and it was hanging from it.

I thought it was a good idea before, but now I would REALLY like to see a bezel down deep pocket carry clip that can be retrofitted to the E2. I think that the drawing that was posted earlier was just about perfect. I think that the clip could even be a little longer, maybe so that the end of the clip is just short of the end of the metal portion of the tailcap. This would make carrying a lot more inconspicuous and also more secure, and wouldn't cost much, especially compared to what it would cost to replace a lost light.

Bucky

Enlightened
I would have to agree about the bezel down clip. I think it would allow the user to carry the E2 in a much better way. I know that SureFire has acknowledged this complaint, so hopefully they will consider changing it
smile.gif

BTW, for those of us not in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, or Ohio; Meijer is a Wal-Mart or K-Mart type store
smile.gif

Bucky

Brock

Flashaholic
It isn't a dumb question at all. If you get it now it is worth it, thats why we have this board. Hopefully the more people that see the clip and understand it the more likely people will ask Surefire about it, and the more likely we will get it.
smile.gif

Brock

Doug

Enlightened
Well, duh! I thought the clip was a solid object before, also! I just realised that it is just a flat piece of metal folded back over it's self... geeze... now it makes sence! So, for everyone else that feels stupid, welcome to my world
smile.gif
!

Another thought: The E2 takes up all the space in my pocket (Levis) when I sit, since the pocket's depth is pretty much cut in half when you sit, so I think an E3 would be too long to fit in pocket (when sitting). Thoughts?

Doug

redbird

Enlightened
Doug
I agree that an E3 would be too long to put in most pockets. The trend now is to have an extra pocket on the outside of the thigh. I think this was originally designed as a place to carry a Palm but it would be a perfect place for an E3

I tried my E2 in a mini-mag pouch and it fit nicely. An E3 would be just about the same length as a minimag so if you got one with a bezel flap it would be protected. My 2 cents

pwell

Newly Enlightened
AxelGT,

Well I have to admit when I first looked at the drawing I thought it was a solid object too. I just kept looking at it and it suddenly made sense. (I had seen an E1 before.)

The people in our office attended a lecture by a very good speaker today and when it was question time, there were only two questions asked. The speaker had compared some new US patent rules to the old ones. Well I didn't even understand the old one and thought it would be silly asking. After the lecture, I found most people didn't know the old rule either.

Now I have a question that many people may know, but I'm wondering why the front of the light is called a "bezel", since the back of the light also has a bezeled surface. Is "bezel" just another word used for the head of a light?

I think the dual orientation bezel clip is a great idea too. Perhaps surefire didnt want to make such a clip standard on all lights because it looks unwieldly at first sight. Or maybe they didnt consider it until the people here had the idea. For me, functionality is important and a slightly bigger clip is worth the peace of mind.

My $0.01
Sean