• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (CLOSED) A2 $urefire Strion Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
what's the chance of this another run happening? I'm on the verge of selling off my A2 because it:

a) cannot use any of my current RCR123 (I might buy more in the future but would like to avoid more purchase)

b) requires expensive replacement bulbs.

Carpenter

Enlightened
what's the chance of this another run happening? I'm on the verge of selling off my A2 because it:

a) cannot use any of my current RCR123 (I might buy more in the future but would like to avoid more purchase)

b) requires expensive replacement bulbs.

If you look at some of the other articles out there about the A2, you should be able to use the RCR123 cells. This however overdrives the LED's. Some people report that after multiple charges, the LED's start to change color due to the overdriving. This has nothing to do with the regulated incan bulb.

The bulb should last for hours before needing to be replaced. When I started purchasing A2's, I also bought a good supply of replacement bulbs. I have yet to replace an incan bulb in any of my A2's due to them going :poof:. I have replaced a couple due to my stupidity however. :oops:

What you get from this socket is a brighter incan that last about 45 minutes on regular CR123's before going out of regulation and then starting to turn to a yellow sickly beam. You actually overdrive the incan Strion bulb with this solution forcing you to probably :poof: your bulb quicker than the normal A2 bulb. However, I haven't needed to do that yet for either socket I have.

While I too would like to see another run of these (I bought more A2's since the last), I'll be using the regular bulbs for quite awhile before I need to buy replacements again.

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
If school's not in session when the third run comes out, I'll probably get two. Either way, I'm in for one in the third run.

mwaldron

Enlightened
:bumpit:

Is there any new interest in this? I know I'm still interested in a couple of them but the thread has been dead for a while and it's nearing a year since the last run...

Status
Not open for further replies.