• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (CLOSED) A2 $urefire Strion Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Re: A2 $urefire Strion Socket

RECIEVED MY SOCKET KIT TODAY ,NICE WORK HOWEVER IT WONT SEAT FULLY INTO MY A-2 BEZEL. THE POST THAT HOLDS THE BULB SEEMS TO BE TOO WIDE TO FIT INTO MY BEZEL ANY ONE ELSE HAVE TROUBLE OR HAVE ANY HINTS.

THANKS,DAVE

It will fit. You need to tilt, twist and push just a bit.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened

Got mine yesterday, wow! Its just what i was hoping for. Thanks fivemega.

quokked

Enlightened

My Strion Bulb won't seat fully into the socket for some reason

Trimmed the leads on the Bi-Pin bulb and got it in there, that bulb ain't going anywhere fast :)
Great conversion much more power over stock MA02 SF bulb, recommended for extra lumens in any A2

Last edited:

Valolammas

Enlightened

I'll take socket & Strion bulb kit #41. Paypal to follow in a minute.

EDIT: paypal sent.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

OK, since I've not heard of a single bad report about this MOD, I'm assuming my situation is "user-induced". So, I mus ask, how far a you guys seating the Strion bulbs? Are you seating them so the bottom of the bulb is touching the base or letting it sit just above the base with a tiny gap? The only way I see getting it to seat all the way down is to cut the leads a bit, not leaving much length to engage in the holes. I know I must be doing something wrong, because the focus is terrible.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, since I've not heard of a single bad report about this MOD, I'm assuming my situation is "user-induced". So, I mus ask, how far a you guys seating the Strion bulbs? Are you seating them so the bottom of the bulb is touching the base or letting it sit just above the base with a tiny gap? The only way I see getting it to seat all the way down is to cut the leads a bit, not leaving much length to engage in the holes. I know I must be doing something wrong, because the focus is terrible.
I wasn't happy with the focus until I got the bottom of the bulb touching (or very nearly touching) the base. It took some work to get the bulb all the way down, but I didn't have to cut the leads.

Have I mentioned how much I like this socket, and the A2 with this socket installed?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I wasn't happy with the focus until I got the bottom of the bulb touching (or very nearly touching) the base. It took some work to get the bulb all the way down, but I didn't have to cut the leads.

Have I mentioned how much I like this socket, and the A2 with this socket installed?

So if you didn't cut the leads, how did you convince it to go all the way in?

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't have mine anymore, it was a gift for someone, but mine had perfect focus when there was a little gap under the bulb. It took some firm pushing to get it to that point, and I was concerned about cracking the bulb, but I rocked it from one side to the other very very slightly while pushing it in and it turned out nicely.

I was considering cutting a tiny bit off the leads to seat it all the way down easier, but with the focus I was getting I was happy.

schiesz

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Thanks. I'm wondering if my A2 is out of spec or something. I was able to fully seat the bulb into the adapter, however it's still not tightly focused for my liking. It has a huge hot-spot and flood, but doesn't throw worth a damn. It's acting like it wants the bulb seated even further, but I'm as far as it phyiscally will go.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

So if you didn't cut the leads, how did you convince it to go all the way in?
I don't remember it requiring much brute force (I was never worried about the bulb breaking), but I did have to work it around a bit. Initially it stopped about halfway in. From there, I think I alternated pressure from lead to lead until one of them finally gave and slid in all the way, and I was able to wiggle the other in as well. I think I may have pried the leads apart very slightly at one point as well.

Short answer: I don't know, it just went in.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A2 $surefire Strion Socket

Maybe the globe itself is a little out of spec. Sid you try another? I saw that you bought 3 of these things do they all behave the same way?

You are better equipped to figure this out than most of us since you have more than one unit to work with. I am looking forward to hearing what your results are.
Yaesumofo

Thanks. I'm wondering if my A2 is out of spec or something. I was able to fully seat the bulb into the adapter, however it's still not tightly focused for my liking. It has a huge hot-spot and flood, but doesn't throw worth a damn. It's acting like it wants the bulb seated even further, but I'm as far as it physically will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.