• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: Aleph 2 + 1x123, nickel chrome plated

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Nekomane, you're still alive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Nice picture Kj, we could wait patiently, don't worry. And like Bernie said, don't loose any cash and add few bucks to the final cost if necessary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Those look great kj!! Sorry about the interference fit on the rings! This is an on going problem with tolerances and plating! The machine shops don't seem to like parts leaving them sloppy and even when requests for "slop" are spec'd in, the shops seem to take it to the limit. Granted, measuring threads with wires is not a QC check that most of us small guys can do to even check on the QC! GO-NO GO gauges are too expensive to be part of the program either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

kj

Enlightened
Bernhard and Pascal

Thank you for your consideration. I'm sure I will not increase the price of the complete kit because it contains my labor charges to build the LE and this can absorb the cost increase. As for the semi-complete, I might need to increase the price if there will be more additional reworks, but it's not likely I believe.

Don,

Don't the machine shops machine parts according to your specification? That's not good. Anyway, since the hard anodize can be thinker than the nickel chrome plating, I'm wondering if you have the similar problem, if not all, in some of the bezel rings.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
kj,

I have the parts etched for extra time so more material is removed prior to the build of the plating. My specifications do not get down to thread form dimensioning and the bezel rings are not of any standard. The plating shops I am working with know that these parts can't have a heavy net build. You and your shop know realize the issues and it is likely that you would not have a repeat problem.

Since I prefer the dull finish with the hard anodize, the extended etch is not a problem. It's easy to tell someone you want say a .004" gap in thread matching but it is not so easy to measure and confirm this. Without thread mics and wires it's a guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shinythings!SHINYTHINGS!!!!! SHINEY!!! SPARKLE!! WEEEEE!!!

ShinyShinyShi-Nee! ShinyShinyShi-nee!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

too $$ 4 me tho, me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

neg

kj

Enlightened
Update 4 - Good news and Bad news

Good news - I got the bezel rings back from the plater and confirmed they fitted into the head. I've already assembled all lights so now they are ready to ship /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bad news - I'm extremely sorry to say this, but... I would like to raise the price because of the following reasons.<ul type="square">[*]The dollar became very weak after I purchased the parts...
[*]The plater lost one bezel ring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The rework fee is now free but it still costs me $$ to recover this bezel ring...
[/list]It became hard for me to absorb all of these costs, so I would like to ask you to cover the part of the cost. The new prices would be:<ul type="square">[*]$243 for the complete kit. It's $2 higher than my original estimation, but I'll include one SureFire battery.
[*]$140 for the semi-complete kit. I will include the rubber boot and jam nut so that you can just put your LE and McE2S without buying them separately.
[/list]If you are okay with these prices, please send the payment to [email protected]. I can send you as soon as I confirm your payment. Or, of course, you can back out of this deal if you don't agree with these prices. Again, I'm really sorry for my poor planning.

If you want me to send the package by the standard airmail, I can reduce $8. Please let me know if you want this. Also, please let me know if you need a special arrangement for the custom declaration. If you go with these options, please understand I cannot guarantee if the item is lost or damaged.

EDIT:
Lunal_Tic and Takifugu, since you guys are in Japan, I'll let you know the price and payment method later.

daz

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif Very nice... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

It's so bad that I missed this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kj

Enlightened
Frenchy, daz, Kiessling and jhuang,

Thank you for your support! I'm going to ship yours today.

icarus,

I'll let you know if I have extras.

Aleph_2_NiCr_Group.jpg

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif... kj! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
kj,
Is that a calender picture entry there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
KJ, would you please add me to the list?

This would be for the complete kit. PP is ready. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you,

Britt

kj

Enlightened
OK. Thank you for your interest. But I don't have any extra as of now, so I'll let you know if some people back out...