• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED: LH 168A Bodies (2nd Run) Pre-Order Part 2

Greta

Flashaholic
Continued from HERE.

Last post:
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:
By the way, for those of you changing shipping addresses, I expect to process the emails and PMs this weekend, and certainly before I package for shipping.

For those who have requested a color change, I will try to accommodate that from the extras that I may or may not have after I have shipped the others.

I am not maintaining a waiting list for the extras this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Otokoyama

Enlightened
I understand that the natural anodizing may be slightly darker than the original LH components. This is basically the nature of anodizing, and I hope it's not so different that people are annoyed.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Thanks for the update, Otok!

How many of my HA Surefires are different shades of Natural? If that makes anyone crazy, just send your 168a tube to me for safekeeping, that way ya won't haveta look at it!

daloosh

john_bud

Newly Enlightened
Otokoyama said:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beamhead said:At any rate........ commence with the FLOGGING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A flogging would be much too harsh. How about just sending you a refund instead of a 168A Body?

Note to self, don't **** off Otokoyama! It's just like getting "Cut Off" by Mr. Bulk!!!!

By the way, great news on the bodies nearing shipment. Thanks again Otokoyama, will be looking for a little happiness in the post box!

John_Bud

john_bud

Newly Enlightened
Otokoyama said:

Quote:

Beamhead said:At any rate........ commence with the FLOGGING!

A flogging would be much too harsh. How about just sending you a refund instead of a 168A Body?

Note to self, don't **** off Otokoyama! It's just like getting "Cut Off" by Mr. Bulk!!!!

By the way, great news on the bodies nearing shipment. Thanks again Otokoyama, will be looking for a little happiness in the post box!

John_Bud

Likebright

Enlightened
Re: CLOSED: LH 168A Bodies (2nd Run) Pre-Order Pa

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif How are things coming on this.
Just curious.
Mike

john_bud

Newly Enlightened

So, Has anybody gotten one of these yet?

Just wondering....

jb

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, haven't got mine yet. Has Otok even gotten them yet?

john_bud

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
xochi said:
No, haven't got mine yet. Has Otok even gotten them yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:

I received word that these are now finished. I still have to receive and package them. I'm expecting packages to start going out early next week.

Thanks for your patience

[/ QUOTE ]

Otok's reply was in the last page of part 1 of this thread. He said that on 4/13, so I thought that some people may be getting there bodies by now. Oh well, maybe Otok will let us know if he has the bodies and when the shipments will start. Shouldn't be too long now...

John_Bud

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wether these tubes were contracted out or not, posting as little as "nothing new to report" once a week is really asking very little.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the difference between "no news" and being told that there is "no news"? This isn't 24-hour cable news where the same thing is continually repeated until something changes and then that is repeated ad nausem.

When there has been news, Otakoyama has posted it. I see no reason to think that will change.

Silence is something modernized society doesn't value anymore. It does still have value but many people just aren't comfortable with it.

I happen to find the constant "what's going on" posts annoying. They cause the thread to bump up in favorites lists, so people go read it to see if Otokoyama has posted news. Such posts add nothing to the thread and waste people's time. Something Otokoyama's lack of "cable news" posting doesn't do.

I appreciate the silence, Otokoyama.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nobody asked you Codeman.

If you want to buttkiss please do it in response to someone elses post. I don't need your comments illigitimizing my concern for information reguarding the whereabouts of something I ordered I LONG time ago.

When someone complains about there fries being cold do you feel the need to step in and tell them that cold fries are underappreciated? I sure hope not.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
xochi said:
Nobody asked you Codeman.

If you want to buttkiss please do it in response to someone elses post. I don't need your comments illigitimizing my concern for information reguarding the whereabouts of something I ordered I LONG time ago.

When someone complains about there fries being cold do you feel the need to step in and tell them that cold fries are underappreciated? I sure hope not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't intend for my enitre post to be directed at you, just the first question. I should have chosen my words a bit better. I can see how you would take the entire post as directed at you specifically. I regret that you took it so personally. I apologize for that.

After my rhetorical question, though, I stand by the rest of my post.

Have you emailed Otok to ask him? He's not on the board as often as many of us and you might get a quicker response.

Resolving cold fries and producing custom-made CNC work aren't the same, IMO, so I'll just respectfully state that I disagree with you on the comparison.

Otokoyama is a good man in a difficult situation. I take my signature seriously and, though Otok doesn't need me to defend him, I won't look the other way, either.

I do understand your frustration. I'd like to have my 168A as well. If this wasn't a custom part, I'd be upset, as well. Even then, I wouldn't waste my time on something that doesn't help resolve the problem and I wouldn't waste the time of people who can't help resolve it.

If you're still mad at me, please consider adding my to your ignore list. I won't be offended if you do.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

The problem I have is when folks make posts like yours and deem themselves the appointed arbiters of things that are none of their business. Especially when it is done in a brown nosing fashion.

The way you banter around "custom" you'd think Gipetto was huddled over a feaking workbench picking at a hunk of aluminum with a dental pick. It ain't like that. It's not a custom knife where some individual is actually putting his hands on a piece of wood or steal or other material and creating it's ultimate form. It's someone with an education programming a computer to do the work. It's a step above mass produced and profit is involved.

AND I only stated that the 2 minutes it takes to post something reguarding the progress of an item alot of people have paid for already is not too much to ask for. In fact the last time Otokoyama bothered to say anything was that he "heard" that they were finished and on the way to him. He also "heard" that the anodizing was a poor match. Now this was way back on the 13th. Personally, If I'd taken peoples money and not posted for this long after making these two statements I'd be shocked if people weren't pissed at me.
If I'd taken on a project like this and the ENTIRE thing centered around such an excellent means of communication as CPF, at an absolute bare minimum I would take 2 minutes a week to let people know the progress of the project. Just 2 damn minutes. I don't give a hoot if it takes Otokoyama 5 years to produce these silly little aluminum tubes, what bothers me is his apparent lack of concern towards communicating with those he has obligated himself to. And really , to be honest, Otokoyamas negligence is less bothersome than idiotic posts from brownosers that undermine legitimate concern and seek to characterize it as unfair, unrealistic or ungrateful.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
xochi said:
The problem I have is when folks make posts like yours and deem themselves the appointed arbiters of things that are none of their business. Especially when it is done in a brown nosing fashion.

The way you banter around "custom" you'd think Gipetto was huddled over a feaking workbench picking at a hunk of aluminum with a dental pick. It ain't like that. It's not a custom knife where some individual is actually putting his hands on a piece of wood or steal or other material and creating it's ultimate form. It's someone with an education programming a computer to do the work. It's a step above mass produced and profit is involved.

AND I only stated that the 2 minutes it takes to post something reguarding the progress of an item alot of people have paid for already is not too much to ask for. In fact the last time Otokoyama bothered to say anything was that he "heard" that they were finished and on the way to him. He also "heard" that the anodizing was a poor match. Now this was way back on the 13th. Personally, If I'd taken peoples money and not posted for this long after making these two statements I'd be shocked if people weren't pissed at me.
If I'd taken on a project like this and the ENTIRE thing centered around such an excellent means of communication as CPF, at an absolute bare minimum I would take 2 minutes a week to let people know the progress of the project. Just 2 damn minutes. I don't give a hoot if it takes Otokoyama 5 years to produce these silly little aluminum tubes, what bothers me is his apparent lack of concern towards communicating with those he has obligated himself to. And really , to be honest, Otokoyamas negligence is less bothersome than idiotic posts from brownosers that undermine legitimate concern and seek to characterize it as unfair, unrealistic or ungrateful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologized. I offered a couple of suggestions. I even acknowledged your viewpoint.

If you have anything else you need to say to me, or another name to call me, please PM me so that this thread can get back on topic.

To everyone else, I apologize for the part I played in this thread getting off topic.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
I guess I am still on the moderator's list here and I received notification to look at this thread.

May I suggest that the rule, attack the post and not the poster has not been observed here. Further, there is a discussion about how one should be doing business and keeping folks abreast which is somewhat off topic yet certainly related. There are different ways of expressing frustration and means of trying to relieve it.

Perhaps the discussion can be more directed in a reasonable fashion towards the person(s) who have some control or information regarding these long awaited parts and less can be between interested third parties who have similar concerns but no means of resolving the issues at stake, among each other. Name calling is inappropriate and serves no purpose other than possibly relieving some pressure for one while the heat is turned up for others. JMHO.

In other words, perhaps this thread can focus on the "what" and if one wants to discuss the "how" or "why", it might be best served in another thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Yo Otok,
Status report please. The natives are getting restless!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Latest posts